locked Pirates galore

ROLAND B

I have noticed for some weeks now on most bands there is a station or stations calling CQ with false callsigns.

Today I notice on 28076 8Y0ZQZ calling NR0YZF giving a QRA as DM66. If 8Y0 is india is is not DM square.

Often the person will call CQ and may be sit and watch the host of stations calling him.

Normally this station or stations are strong. Today 8Y0ZQZ is -04.

I have noticed this prankster on 80, 40 and other bands.

Please don't call him just let him get on with it and eventually he will go away.

I say false call signs unless someone can prove me wrong.

Roley G3VIR

Bill Kasper <williamkasper@...>

I saw some of the same type of calls/grids errors when the tx
station was farther than -1.3 seconds off on the DT (his timing
relative to yours) -- some convoluted/corrupt input signal that
the software decoded the best it could.

tnx es 73 de Bill K WB2SXY
--

On 1/31/2015 8:09 AM, rolandbrade@btinternet.com [HamApps] wrote:
I have noticed for some weeks now on most bands there is a station or stations calling CQ with false callsigns.
Today I notice on 28076 8Y0ZQZ calling NR0YZF giving a QRA as DM66. If 8Y0 is india is is not DM square.
Often the person will call CQ and may be sit and watch the host of stations calling him.
Normally this station or stations are strong. Today 8Y0ZQZ is -04.
I have noticed this prankster on 80, 40 and other bands.
Please don't call him just let him get on with it and eventually he will go away.
I say false call signs unless someone can prove me wrong.
Roley G3VIR

chas cartmel

Roley

Seen that sort of decode before, however was caused by timing errors rather than pirates. False decodes rather than false calls.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

I have noticed for some weeks now on most bands there is a station or stations calling CQ with false callsigns.

Today I notice on 28076 8Y0ZQZ calling NR0YZF giving a QRA as DM66. If 8Y0 is india is is not DM square.

Often the person will call CQ and may be sit and watch the host of stations calling him.

Normally this station or stations are strong. Today 8Y0ZQZ is -04.

I have noticed this prankster on 80, 40 and other bands.

Please don't call him just let him get on with it and eventually he will go away.

I say false call signs unless someone can prove me wrong.

Roley G3VIR

No virus found in this message.

Buddy Ashley

   What bugs me more is the illegal station on 28.077 that bangs in here every day.  I try to work JT-65 and hear the music, echo mikes, talking, noise makers, etc, and it's the very same guy all the time. I don't speak Spanish so can't say exactly where it is or what type of station it is.  The guy is an intruder plain and simple.

73 Buddy WB4M

Gary-WB6BNE <wb6bne@...>

Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2015 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Pirates galore
Hello Buddy,

You might as well get use to the the intruder.  The station is a Mexican CB HF’er.
I live 10 miles north of the border in Arizona and hear CB HF’ers  all the time.
Sometime it sounds like CB channel 19 on a Saturday night in the 70’S
Not much you can do
about it. Contact the Mexican version of our FCC and complain. (LOL)
Need bribe
if you want action.

73 Gary WB6BNE SE Arizona

   What bugs me more is the illegal station on 28.077 that bangs in here every day.  I try to work JT-65 and hear the music, echo mikes, talking, noise makers, etc, and it's the very same guy all the time. I don't speak Spanish so can't say exactly where it is or what type of station it is.  The guy is an intruder plain and simple.

73 Buddy WB4M

Jim - N4ST

I'm always happy when I hear the roger beeps on 10M, because I know the band is open.
;-)

_________
73,
Jim - N4ST

What bugs me more is the illegal station on 28.077 that bangs in here every day. I try to work JT-65 and hear the music, echo mikes, talking, noise makers, etc, and it's the very same guy all the time. I don't speak Spanish so can't say exactly where it is or what type of station it is. The guy is an intruder plain and simple.

73 Buddy WB4M

Buddy Ashley

  Gary,

   I figured that's what it was. They are not content will 11m so have to screw up another band.

73 Buddy WB4M