From: HamApps@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:HamApps@yahoogroups.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 23:01
To: HamApps@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: Re:: Re: [HamApps] Strange Behaviour

There is a known problem with the HRD Logbook and WSJT-X, it's been around for a fairly long time. HRD's team and the WSJT folks are both aware of it and working toward a fix.

Try firing up WSJT-X by itself and see if that problem continues or if that cures it.

Fred - KK5AA
EM25xh

Posted by: poppafred@yahoo.com

MICHAEL Brumberger

I have the exact same problem. I have to hit tune for just a second to get the waterfall to start. I can wait 2-3 passes and if i do not xmit first, there is no waterfall, no decode.

chas cartmel

Jim

Running version 5.24.0.38  HRD here with WSJT-X and there are no issues whatsoever

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

Well, if the HRD problem is with HRD Ver 5.x as stated above, it won't be fixed in that version since it is no longer under development.
A negative doesn't prove anything, but I have never had that problem with HRD 6.X and WSJT-X.

____________
73,
Jim - N4ST

--

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.-Albert Einstein
---------------------------

bill <bill@...>

Nevermind Ed, I was looking in JTAlert, duh found it in WSJT-X settings.

It's hell to get old, especially when you were dumber than a rock when young, and then got worse!

On 2014-12-04 5:16 PM, Carter k8vt@... [HamApps] wrote:
[...]

1 Megabyte is 1,048,576 bytes, NOT 1,000,000!
---------------------------
W9OL-Bill H. in Chicagoland

Ed Wilson

Bill,

I am using version 1.5 (developmental) and that option is under settings. I cannot recall if it available in earlier versions. My computer is shut down for the evening, so I will have to check for you tomorrow morning.

Ed, K0KC

On 2014-12-04 5:16 PM, Carter k8vt@... [HamApps] wrote:
On 12/4/2014 8:25 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:

Guys,

Be sure that you do not have "Monitor Off At Startup" checked in the Settings.
 Ed, K0KC

I am not at the ham computer so cannot verify the option you mention above...but every time I have experienced this problem was after I completed a few QSOs -- or in the middle of a go-around or after calling CQ. If by "startup" you mean when you first start the program, my waterfall works fine for the first several QSOs or CQs.

So at least in my case, still a mystery (but I will check the option you mention above next time I get to the shack).

--

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.-Albert Einstein
---------------------------
W9OL-Bill H. in Chicagoland

KB3TC <kb3tc1@...>

All:
Thanks Ed, you found the "cure".
I don't know how it got "checked" but sure enough, there it was checked off.
Now things work "normally" as before.
Thank you all for the information and the answers.
Tim, KB3TC

[...]

Glad to help, Tim!

Ed, K0KC