locked : Re: Strange Behaviour

kk5aa_fred

There is a known problem with the HRD Logbook and WSJT-X, it's been around for a fairly long time. HRD's team and the WSJT folks are both aware of it and working toward a fix.

Try firing up WSJT-X by itself and see if that problem continues or if that cures it.

Fred - KK5AA

EM25xh

Jim - N4ST

Well, if the HRD problem is with HRD Ver 5.x as stated above, it won't be fixed in that version since it is no longer under development.
A negative doesn't prove anything, but I have never had that problem with HRD 6.X and WSJT-X.

From: HamApps@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:HamApps@yahoogroups.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 23:01
To: HamApps@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: Re:: Re: [HamApps] Strange Behaviour

There is a known problem with the HRD Logbook and WSJT-X, it's been around for a fairly long time. HRD's team and the WSJT folks are both aware of it and working toward a fix.

Try firing up WSJT-X by itself and see if that problem continues or if that cures it.

Fred - KK5AA
EM25xh

MICHAEL Brumberger

I have the exact same problem. I have to hit tune for just a second to get the waterfall to start. I can wait 2-3 passes and if i do not xmit first, there is no waterfall, no decode.

chas cartmel

Jim

Running version 5.24.0.38  HRD here with WSJT-X and there are no issues whatsoever

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

Sent: 04 December 2014 04:23
To: HamApps@...
Subject: RE: : Re: [HamApps] Strange Behaviour

Well, if the HRD problem is with HRD Ver 5.x as stated above, it won't be fixed in that version since it is no longer under development.
A negative doesn't prove anything, but I have never had that problem with HRD 6.X and WSJT-X.

Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 23:01
Subject: Re:: Re: [HamApps] Strange Behaviour

Try firing up WSJT-X by itself and see if that problem continues or if that cures it.

Fred - KK5AA
EM25xh

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5577 / Virus Database: 4235/8677 - Release Date: 12/04/14

KB3TC <kb3tc1@...>

Thanks for all the replies.
I am glad that I am not alone in this small quirk.
This behaviour didn't start until recently and I have been using the same rig / antenna / HRD / Logging programs for years.
I haven't loaded any new programs that could have done something so I have to assume that it had to be something recently updated.
The only thing recently updated (other than JTAlert and JT-X) was my Quicken which I doubt had anything to do with it.
I don't consider it a major problem but just have to remember to give it the "goose" (hit Tune).
Tim, KB3TC

On 12/4/2014 3:47 AM, Michael Brumberger Zipperkng@... [HamApps] wrote:
�

I have the exact same problem. I have to hit tune for just a second to get the waterfall to start. I can wait 2-3 passes and if i do not xmit first, there is no waterfall, no decode.

Ed Wilson

Guys,

Be sure that you do not have "Monitor Off At Startup" checked in the Settings.
 Ed, K0KC

Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: : Re: [HamApps] Strange Behaviour

This behaviour didn't start until recently and I have been using the same rig / antenna / HRD / Logging programs for years.
I haven't loaded any new programs that could have done something so I have to assume that it had to be something recently updated.
The only thing recently updated (other than JTAlert and JT-X) was my Quicken which I doubt had anything to do with it.
I don't consider it a major problem but just have to remember to give it the "goose" (hit Tune).
Tim, KB3TC

Carter

On 12/3/2014 11:00 PM, poppafred@... [HamApps] wrote:

Try firing up WSJT-X by itself and see if that problem continues or if that cures it.

Fred - KK5AA

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am NOT using HRD. I am using DXLab Suite Commander and DX Keeper for logging.

Carter

On 12/4/2014 8:25 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:

Guys,

Ed, K0KC

I am not at the ham computer so cannot verify the option you mention above...but every time I have experienced this problem was after I completed a few QSOs -- or in the middle of a go-around or after calling CQ. If by "startup" you mean when you first start the program, my waterfall works fine for the first several QSOs or CQs.

So at least in my case, still a mystery (but I will check the option you mention above next time I get to the shack).

bill <bill@...>

Ed, under which folder is this "monitor off at start up"
I can't seem to find it under 'SETTINGS'.

On 2014-12-04 5:16 PM, Carter k8vt@... [HamApps] wrote:

Guys,

Ed, K0KC

I am not at the ham computer so cannot verify the option you mention above...but every time I have experienced this problem was after I completed a few QSOs -- or in the middle of a go-around or after calling CQ. If by "startup" you mean when you first start the program, my waterfall works fine for the first several QSOs or CQs.

So at least in my case, still a mystery (but I will check the option you mention above next time I get to the shack).

-- 

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.-Albert Einstein
---------------------------
W9OL-Bill H. in Chicagoland

bill <bill@...>

Nevermind Ed, I was looking in JTAlert, duh found it in WSJT-X settings.

It's hell to get old, especially when you were dumber than a rock when young, and then got worse!

On 2014-12-04 6:28 PM, bill bill@... [HamApps] wrote:

Guys,

Ed, K0KC

-- 

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.-Albert Einstein

-- 

1 Megabyte is 1,048,576 bytes, NOT 1,000,000!

Ed Wilson

Bill,

I am using version 1.5 (developmental) and that option is under settings. I cannot recall if it available in earlier versions. My computer is shut down for the evening, so I will have to check for you tomorrow morning.

Ed, K0KC

On Dec 4, 2014, at 7:28 PM, bill bill@... [HamApps] <HamApps@...> wrote:

Guys,

Ed, K0KC

--

KB3TC <kb3tc1@...>

All:
Thanks Ed, you found the "cure".
I don't know how it got "checked" but sure enough, there it was checked off.
Now things work "normally" as before.
Thank you all for the information and the answers.
Tim, KB3TC

Guys,

Ed, K0KC

Tim, KB3TC

Ed Wilson

Glad to help, Tim!

Ed, K0KC

Sent: Friday, December 5, 2014 6:14 AM

All:
Thanks Ed, you found the "cure".
I don't know how it got "checked" but sure enough, there it was checked off.
Now things work "normally" as before.
Thank you all for the information and the answers.
Tim, KB3TC

Guys,

Ed, K0KC

Tim, KB3TC