locked webpage display "calls spotted" and 'calls you spotted' balnk.

chas cartmel

Hi

Question in the subject.

I am signed in, and the spots appear in the right hand table, but no data in the tables specifically relating to my contacts.

Thought it was at my end as just changed AV software from Kaspersky to AVG, but switching this off had no effect, and anyway as the spots were populated this being the culprit was unlikely.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups06@...>

Check the [Blocked.Calls] link, top left of the Cluster Spots display on the JT9 or JT65 Chat pages.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 8:30 PM, 'chas cartmel' chas@... [HamApps] wrote:

Hi

Question in the subject.

I am signed in, and the spots appear in the right hand table, but no data in the tables specifically relating to my contacts.

Thought it was at my end as just changed AV software from Kaspersky to AVG, but switching this off had no effect, and anyway as the spots were populated this being the culprit was unlikely.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

chas cartmel

Thanks Laurie, that has seemed to fix it.

I noted the reason i was blocked and it confuses me somewhat as I have only been in 15m and 20m for the last few months excepting for a brief foray into the WARC bands when contesters have made use of the WS part of the bands unworkable. I use WSJT-X and wonder where the band data comes from as it would be useful to stop it happening again.

Apologies to all affected by this error on my part.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

Check the [Blocked.Calls] link, top left of the Cluster Spots display on the JT9 or JT65 Chat pages.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 8:30 PM, 'chas cartmel' chas@... [HamApps] wrote:

Hi

Question in the subject.

I am signed in, and the spots appear in the right hand table, but no data in the tables specifically relating to my contacts.

Thought it was at my end as just changed AV software from Kaspersky to AVG, but switching this off had no effect, and anyway as the spots were populated this being the culprit was unlikely.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

I do believe if you're flipping bands at the wrong time you can cause this.

I've noticed that if you flip bands toward the end of the cycle but before the cycle completes the decoded calls will be compared against your current band instead of the received band.

So I wonder if you flip bands if the audio should be zeroed out perhaps since you're abandoning the old band?

Mike W9MDB

Check the [Blocked.Calls] link, top left of the Cluster Spots display on the JT9 or JT65 Chat pages.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 8:30 PM, 'chas cartmel' chas@... [HamApps] wrote:

Hi

Question in the subject.

I am signed in, and the spots appear in the right hand table, but no data in the tables specifically relating to my contacts.

Thought it was at my end as just changed AV software from Kaspersky to AVG, but switching this off had no effect, and anyway as the spots were populated this being the culprit was unlikely.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -
www.avg.com

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -
www.avg.com

chas cartmel

Thanks for that explanation Mike.

Perhaps I clicked the wrong band in the selection box momentarily which caused the issue. Sounds the most logical.

Unfortunately won’t be noticed in the upload of data, so must be wary of this as I tend to switch bands after the 48 second mark.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

Check the [Blocked.Calls] link, top left of the Cluster Spots display on the JT9 or JT65 Chat pages.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 8:30 PM, 'chas cartmel' chas@... [HamApps] wrote:

Hi

Question in the subject.

I am signed in, and the spots appear in the right hand table, but no data in the tables specifically relating to my contacts.

Thought it was at my end as just changed AV software from Kaspersky to AVG, but switching this off had no effect, and anyway as the spots were populated this being the culprit was unlikely.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

I think you should switch after the decode ends. I normally wait until after the decoder is done.

I have noticed the "wrong band" appearing on JT-Alert when I switch too soon which, of course, creates bad hamspots.

I just confirmed when I switched at 45 seconds that the ALL.TXT shows the decode from the "old" frequency after it puts in the line showing the frequency change.

Mike W9MDB

Check the [Blocked.Calls] link, top left of the Cluster Spots display on the JT9 or JT65 Chat pages.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 8:30 PM, 'chas cartmel' chas@... [HamApps] wrote:

Hi

Question in the subject.

I am signed in, and the spots appear in the right hand table, but no data in the tables specifically relating to my contacts.

Thought it was at my end as just changed AV software from Kaspersky to AVG, but switching this off had no effect, and anyway as the spots were populated this being the culprit was unlikely.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

Jim - N4ST

Flipping bands near the end of decode cycle will post that decode on the new
band, but I don't think that will get you blacklisted for a single cycle of
incorrect posts. Laurie can better answer this, but I don't think it is
that easy to get blacklisted.

_________
73,
Jim - N4ST

I do believe if you're flipping bands at the wrong time you can cause this.

I've noticed that if you flip bands toward the end of the cycle but before
the cycle completes the decoded calls will be compared against your current
band instead of the received band.
So I wonder if you flip bands if the audio should be zeroed out perhaps
since you're abandoning the old band?

Mike W9MDB

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups06@...>

Your correct Jim,

A single minute of wrong band spots wont result in blocking that Callsign. It has to happen over several minutes, sometimes hours and sometimes, it never gets noticed and there is no block.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 17/09/2014 12:15 AM, 'Jim - N4ST' newsgroup@... [HamApps] wrote:
Flipping bands near the end of decode cycle will post that decode on the new
band, but I don't think that will get you blacklisted for a single cycle of
incorrect posts.  Laurie can better answer this, but I don't think it is
that easy to get blacklisted.

_________
73,
Jim - N4ST

chas cartmel

Thanks Jim

I thought it was a bit severe.

I always rely on the software to send the appropriate band info and to change the bands via CAT and cannot understand how this has happened over an extended time as you suggest. The only way this would be visible would be to reflect the data sent in a log or a screen pop as this is done in the background.

I will monitor Hamspots to check when I can although if an error is noticed will be a stable door after horse bolted scenario as is the screen pop/log, but at least I could at least identify it.

Now where to mount the 3rd monitor for Hamspots?

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

I do believe if you're flipping bands at the wrong time you can cause this.

I've noticed that if you flip bands toward the end of the cycle but before
the cycle completes the decoded calls will be compared against your current
band instead of the received band.
So I wonder if you flip bands if the audio should be zeroed out perhaps
since you're abandoning the old band?

Mike W9MDB

No virus found in this message.

chas cartmel

Laurie

Assuming that blacklisting is done manually, would it be too much of an imposition to email the offender with details of the error in order to facilitate corrective action and identify any possible causes?

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk