locked JT Alert problem

Tim Davis KJ4DHF

I went to bed last night and windows 7 was updating.

This morning I found my Icon on desktop would not work for JT Alert.

Now I have this error when I try to reinstall Jt Alert. Has anyone ran across this problem

in the past and know of a fix?

Thank You
Tim
KJ4DHF

Michael Black

Did you uninstall first?  If not, try that.

If that doesn't work try installing 2.4.18 and see if that works.

What anti-virus are you using?

Mike W9MDB

I went to bed last night and windows 7 was updating.

This morning I found my Icon on desktop would not work for JT Alert.

Now I have this error when I try to reinstall Jt Alert. Has anyone ran across this problem

in the past and know of a fix?

Thank You
Tim
KJ4DHF

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups06@...>

Tim,

Reinstalling a currently installed version doesn't work. The best option is to simply uninstall, being sure to answer that you wish to keep settings files and then after completion install the version again.

What do you mean that the desktop shortcut would not work with JTAlert? The shortcut simply points to the installed executable and passes the correct command-line parameters.
What error message did you get?

de Laurie VK3AMA