From: "Laurie, VK3AMA"
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 4:01 AM
Subject: [Ham-Apps] New - JTAlert 2.4.3 available - Fixes JTMacros auto-start

JTAlert 2.4.3 is available for download.

This release fixes the defect introduced in 2.4.2 where JTMacros when set to auto-start would always start in
"wsjtx" mode resulting in missing macros and non-docking when started for JT65-HF

Visit the Ham-Apps.com web page for the direct download link.

This release has been run through two online scanners. Results can be viewed using the links below.

virusscan.jotti.org :
100% pass against 22 engines. Results

virustotal.com : 100% pass against 46 engines. Results

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups05@...>

Hi Ed,

No need for the log scan, unless you want to update your Wanted Lists.
Existing wanted lists are maintained during the 2.4.3 upgrade.

With 2.4.0, there was a fundamental change in how the lists were internally maintained and named that was not compatible with versions pre 2.4.0 so pre 2.4.0 lists couldn't be upgraded. Thus the special requirement to do a Log Scan or manual update.

I need to update the Ham-Apps site to better explain this.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 29/07/2013 7:18 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:
Laurie,

With this new version, do we have to do a log scan to pick-up the JT65 calls that were not recorded (as worked B4) under WSJT-X?

If so, is it normal that I lose all of my wanted state information after a log scan and need to re-enter it manually; this was the case for the last upgrade that required a log scan.

Ed, K0KC

JTAlert 2.4.3 is available for download.

This release fixes the defect introduced in 2.4.2 where JTMacros when set to auto-start would always start in
"wsjtx" mode resulting in missing macros and non-docking when started for JT65-HF

Visit the Ham-Apps.com web page for the direct download link.

This release has been run through two online scanners. Results can be viewed using the links below.

virusscan.jotti.org :
100% pass against 22 engines. Results

virustotal.com : 100% pass against 46 engines. Results

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Wilson

Actually, Laurie, I was wondering about any JT65 stations that I may have worked with WSJT-X not showing-up as worked B4.

Ed, K0KC

JTAlert 2.4.3 is available for download.

This release fixes the defect introduced in 2.4.2 where JTMacros when set to auto-start would always start in
"wsjtx" mode resulting in missing macros and non-docking when started for JT65-HF

Visit the Ham-Apps.com web page for the direct download link.

This release has been run through two online scanners. Results can be viewed using the links below.

virusscan.jotti.org :
100% pass against 22 engines. Results

virustotal.com : 100% pass against 46 engines. Results

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups05@...>

Hi Ed,

If previously worked JT65 stations under wsjt-x are not showing as B4 then something is wrong and I will need to look at your config file.
Are you using logging or just relying on the internal B4Log.mdb file?

Please use the "Settings -> Contact Support" menu to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 29/07/2013 9:15 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:
Actually, Laurie, I was wondering about any JT65 stations that I may have worked with WSJT-X not showing-up as worked B4.

Ed, K0KC

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

Actually, I am not sure whether they are showing-up or not (I will check later this morning). I thought that you had said that this was one of the fixes in 2.4.3, so I assumed that any JT65 contacts that I had previously made with WSJT-X and JTAlert-X 2.4.1 would not show-up as worked B4. If this is not correct, then it is a non-issue.

JT65 contacts made since the upgrade are definitely showing as worked B4...I remember that from yesterday.

I just log the contacts via WSJT-X.

Ed, K0KC