From: k8_tom
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:50 AM
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Re: IMPORTANT - Fixed JT-Alert 2.2.3 available.

> For those of you uninstalling 2.2.3 (like me), use the Windows Control Panel and be sure to indicate that you want to save your settings. I can confirm that my settings were maintained after the uninstall and re-install process.>

I do not have an entry for JT-Alert 2.2.3 in the Windows 7 Programs and Features control panel.  I have entries for JT Alert 1.5.9 , JT-Alert Databases 12.11.12, JT-Alert Sounds 1.0.4 and JT-Macros 1.0.6.

The  JT-Alert 2-series was installed in another location from JT-Alert 1-series, but did not create a separate entry for an uninstall, evidently(?). I've attempted to paste a screen shot below.

Tom
K8TOM

K8TOM

That works, Ed.  Thanks for the pointer.

Tom
K8TOM

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Ed Wilson <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

Tom,

The file that I removed showed-up as "Ham-Apps JT-Alert 2.2.3" in my Windows 7 Programs and Features control panel. I previously used the JT-Alert 1.x versions, but do not see them under Programs and Features. I do not recall deleting them, but that would have been quite a while ago and my memory is not what it used to be :).

Ed, K0KC

> For those of you uninstalling 2.2.3 (like me), use the Windows Control Panel and be sure to indicate that you want to save your settings. I can confirm that my settings were maintained after the uninstall and re-install process.>

I do not have an entry for JT-Alert 2.2.3 in the Windows 7 Programs and Features control panel.  I have entries for JT Alert 1.5.9 , JT-Alert Databases 12.11.12, JT-Alert Sounds 1.0.4 and JT-Macros 1.0.6.

The  JT-Alert 2-series was installed in another location from JT-Alert 1-series, but did not create a separate entry for an uninstall, evidently(?). I've attempted to paste a screen shot below.

Tom
K8TOM

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups05@...>

All applications I distribute (as of JT-Alert v2.x.x) all appear grouped together in Control, prefixed with "Ham-Apps".

Old installations, without "Ham-Apps" in the control panel entry name can be deleted as they are not used with v2.x.x

de Laurie VK3AMA