locked [Ham-Apps] My first JT9 experience

Andy Cogswell <shorecogs@...>

Do you have a link to the JST9-X software?

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:

Thought i'd try the JST9-X software i'd seen mentioned in various places. I'd never used the mode before tho using JT65, i have got 47 states chasing the WAS award. The software install and setup was VERY easy and was soon seeing traces on 14.078mhz. Using 45w initially, i made a contact with Bobby N4AU in Alabama, who said he was copying me and was only using 1 watt himself. He said he'd call me. After telling him I doubted that i'd be able to copy him at 5w, I was astonished to see his trace on the waterfall. So much so that i dropped my power down to 10w and he was still copying me, then down to 2w and he was still reading my trace, eventually down to only ONE WATT .. that's right,just 1000mW and he still had me at -1.

I'll be using JT9 a lot more from this point on. I should mention that before the QSO with Bobby (N4AU), I had a solid trace on a ZD8 station on St Helena, he did'nt come back to my call tho. I use an homemade 18′ vertical antenna and was very surprised and happy with the success of JT9. Gonna' go now to see it there's any JT9 groups here on Yahoo ;)

Jeff M1BCM
http://www.m1bcm-ham-radio.co.uk/

Jim - N4ST

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html

About half-way down the page. You want WSJT-X (v0.5, r2791)

Lot of fun,
Jim - N4ST

Do you have a link to the JST9-X software?

Jim - N4ST

And 18.102 and 21.078, 24.918 and 28.078.