locked [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert 2.0.8

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups04@...>

Hi David,

I am not surprised about Wine.

2.0.8 now records a log of warnings or errors encountered by the Windows msiexec program when the setup is run. The setup is actually a wrapper for an .msi install file.

Under Win7, it would be trying to write to this path... "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Ham-Apps\sessions"
Try creating that path and then run the setup again.

I will pull the 2.0.8 release from the server and regenerate the setup without the logging.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 31/12/2012 6:04 PM, BuDJie wrote:
Hi Laurie.....
tried to install via Wine comes up with a error
so checked on my Win 7 laptop and it comes up with a Windows Installer error "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable"

Happy new Year

73 David VK4BDJ

BuDJie

Hi Laurie...there is a path as follows in Win 7
C:\Users\David\App-Data\Local\Ham-Apps\JT-Alert\VK4BDJ\sessions

will try and make path as you suggest

David VK4BDJ

On 31/12/12 17:31, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

[...]

Hi Laurie....added the path as you suggested and setup installs on Win 7

David

[...]

Tnx David,

All Setup programs on the server have been regenerated without the logging option until I can resolve this issue.

de Laurie VK3AMA