locked [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert 2.0.8

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups04@...>

Hi David,

I am not surprised about Wine.

2.0.8 now records a log of warnings or errors encountered by the Windows msiexec program when the setup is run. The setup is actually a wrapper for an .msi install file.

Under Win7, it would be trying to write to this path... "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Ham-Apps\sessions"
Try creating that path and then run the setup again.

I will pull the 2.0.8 release from the server and regenerate the setup without the logging.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 31/12/2012 6:04 PM, BuDJie wrote:
Hi Laurie.....
tried to install via Wine comes up with a error
so checked on my Win 7 laptop and it comes up with a Windows Installer error "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable"

Happy new Year

73 David VK4BDJ

BuDJie

Hi Laurie...there is a path as follows in Win 7
C:\Users\David\App-Data\Local\Ham-Apps\JT-Alert\VK4BDJ\sessions

will try and make path as you suggest

David VK4BDJ

On 31/12/12 17:31, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

Hi David,

2.0.8 now records a log of warnings or errors encountered by the Windows msiexec program when the setup is run. The setup is actually a wrapper for an .msi install file.

Under Win7, it would be trying to write to this path... "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Ham-Apps\sessions"

I will pull the 2.0.8 release from the server and regenerate the setup without the logging.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie.....
so checked on my Win 7 laptop and it comes up with a Windows Installer error "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable"

Happy new Year

73 David VK4BDJ

BuDJie

Hi Laurie....added the path as you suggested and setup installs on Win 7

David

Hi David,

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie.....

Happy new Year

73 David VK4BDJ

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups04@...>

Tnx David,

All Setup programs on the server have been regenerated without the logging option until I can resolve this issue.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 31/12/2012 6:49 PM, David wrote:
Hi Laurie....added the path as you suggested and setup installs on Win 7

David

Hi David,

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie.....

Happy new Year

73 David VK4BDJ