Topics

locked New JTAlert 2.15.1

Barry
 

Laurie
Have installed 2.15.1
When I open settings and check for updates I get error
on callsign and sound databases.
Error Downloading Data.
Is this expected.
cheers
Barry

Barry
 

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 01:29 PM, Barry wrote:
Laurie
Have installed 2.15.1
When I open settings and check for updates I get error
on callsign and sound databases.
Error Downloading Data.
Is this expected.
cheers
Barry
Laurie
I just tried to check for updates again and all came good TVM
cheers
Barry

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 9/11/2019 8:29 am, Barry via Groups.Io wrote:
Have installed 2.15.1
When I open settings and check for updates I get error
on callsign and sound databases.
Error Downloading Data.
Is this expected.
cheers
Barry
Its likely a timing issue, the background task that downloads the versions file hasn't started or is in-progress. Use the "Check for Updates" button to initiate a download of the versions file.

de Laurie VK3AMA


WB8ASI Herb
 

Laurie, Just loaded 2.15.1 with the few usual warnings from Norton and Defender, but just sailed thru with a smooth transition.  I'm Windows 10, and use the regular version and have never had problems.  Guess I'm just a lucky duck, and wanted you to know it works great. 73, Herb WB8ASI 

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 9/11/2019 12:39 pm, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Laurie, Just loaded 2.15.1 with the few usual warnings from Norton and Defender, but just sailed thru with a smooth transition.  I'm Windows 10, and use the regular version and have never had problems.  Guess I'm just a lucky duck, and wanted you to know it works great. 73, Herb WB8ASI 
Herb,

Are those warnings "Unknown Publisher" warnings? If so, that is due to the installer file not being digitally signed. These are a form of reputation warning that the software comes from an unknown so potentially untrusted source. Paying several hundred $ per year for a digital certificate from a reputable provider is not an option at this time.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 9/11/2019 1:08 pm, parker@... wrote:
Installed 2.15.1 on Win 7. NET Framework is 4.8.

There was no audio; the upgrade deselected the soundcard.

I re-selected "Windows Default Sound Card" and audio was restored, BUT the audio alerts are clipped unnaturally short, before the alerts are finished.

I found 2.14.5, re-installed that and all is back to normal.

Parker W5ADD
2.15.1 uses new .NET audio code unlike the XP era code used in the older JTAlert builds. When you say the audio is clipped, what is missing the start or the end of the sound? Which part of the sound is clipped will help isolate what is happening.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Santiago Mejia
 

Just downloaded V2.15.1 without any issues. Working as it should.
Thanks Laurie 
de Santiago HI8SMX 

Ron / W4MMP
 

I am also experiencing a sound related issue.  What am I experiencing is not a clipping of the sound but rather a delay in the start of the sound.  The delay is consistently 5 seconds before the sound is played.  The sound is played start to finish.  This is no big deal.  I just thought I would pass this along. 

Windows 10 Home Edition (completely updated),  overall CPU utilization about 12% with no CPU higher than 4% (Intel i7 860), 8GB.  No discernible system disk activity.  The JTAlert folder(s) have been excluded from Window Defender.


Own Call Alert - DingDing.wav

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 11/8/2019 21:52, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

On 9/11/2019 1:08 pm, parker@... wrote:
Installed 2.15.1 on Win 7. NET Framework is 4.8.

There was no audio; the upgrade deselected the soundcard.

I re-selected "Windows Default Sound Card" and audio was restored, BUT the audio alerts are clipped unnaturally short, before the alerts are finished.

I found 2.14.5, re-installed that and all is back to normal.

Parker W5ADD
2.15.1 uses new .NET audio code unlike the XP era code used in the older JTAlert builds. When you say the audio is clipped, what is missing the start or the end of the sound? Which part of the sound is clipped will help isolate what is happening.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 9/11/2019 2:37 pm, Ron / W4MMP via Groups.Io wrote:

I am also experiencing a sound related issue.  What am I experiencing is not a clipping of the sound but rather a delay in the start of the sound.  The delay is consistently 5 seconds before the sound is played.  The sound is played start to finish.  This is no big deal.  I just thought I would pass this along. 

Windows 10 Home Edition (completely updated),  overall CPU utilization about 12% with no CPU higher than 4% (Intel i7 860), 8GB.  No discernible system disk activity.  The JTAlert folder(s) have been excluded from Window Defender.


Own Call Alert - DingDing.wav

73,
Ron / W4MMP
Ron,

I thought you were on the Test team or am I mistaken?

A consistent 5 second delay is abnormal. To help isolate what is happening please do the following...

  • Enable debug recording in JTAlert.
  • Restart JTAlert
  • Wait for 2 minutes so sufficient time has elapsed for a snapshot of your running processes has been taken.
  • Use the Test Sound button a few times.
  • Send a support request.
  • Turn off Debug recording.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Cooper
 

Installed 2.15.1 at our club station friday
evening and it looked like everything went
ok ... but after making three FT8 contacts
and seeing the 'Logged OK' popup, I was
showing a member how neat it is for JTalert
to automagically send the log item to the
QRZ.com log ... when I looked in the QRZ
log there were NO new entries.

Then I came home, where I had updated to
2.15.1 late this afternoon and made three FT8
contacts before leaving for the club. I looked
at MY QRZ logbook and found that the three
contacts I made after upgrading were NOT in
my QRZ logbook.

In both cases, the QSO info IS in the
wsjtx_log.adi file ... from which I was able to
extract the missing items and manually import
into the QRZ logbook.

Since this same glitch occurred at two different
locations, with two different QRZ logbooks, it
looks to me like a 'bug' ... (all the settings for
remote logging looked correct and unchanged).

Jim w2jc

Ron / W4MMP
 

Hi Laurie,

A support request as been sent. 

I dropped out of the test team as I can't provide due justice to testing.  Most of my time is consumed on writing and providing support for the application that supports the ham gear my company designs and produces. 

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 11/8/2019 22:47, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

On 9/11/2019 2:37 pm, Ron / W4MMP via Groups.Io wrote:

I am also experiencing a sound related issue.  What am I experiencing is not a clipping of the sound but rather a delay in the start of the sound.  The delay is consistently 5 seconds before the sound is played.  The sound is played start to finish.  This is no big deal.  I just thought I would pass this along. 

Windows 10 Home Edition (completely updated),  overall CPU utilization about 12% with no CPU higher than 4% (Intel i7 860), 8GB.  No discernible system disk activity.  The JTAlert folder(s) have been excluded from Window Defender.


Own Call Alert - DingDing.wav

73,
Ron / W4MMP
Ron,

I thought you were on the Test team or am I mistaken?

A consistent 5 second delay is abnormal. To help isolate what is happening please do the following...

  • Enable debug recording in JTAlert.
  • Restart JTAlert
  • Wait for 2 minutes so sufficient time has elapsed for a snapshot of your running processes has been taken.
  • Use the Test Sound button a few times.
  • Send a support request.
  • Turn off Debug recording.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 9/11/2019 2:48 pm, Jim Cooper wrote:
Then I came home, where I had updated to 
2.15.1 late this afternoon and made three FT8 
contacts before leaving for the club. I looked 
at MY QRZ logbook and found that the three 
contacts I made after upgrading were NOT in 
my QRZ logbook. 

In both cases, the QSO info IS in the 
wsjtx_log.adi  file ... from which I was able to 
extract the missing items and manually import 
into the QRZ logbook. 

Since this same glitch occurred at two different 
locations, with two different QRZ logbooks, it 
looks to me like a 'bug' ...   (all the settings for 
remote logging looked correct and unchanged). 

Jim  w2jc 
Jim,

I just now tested all 5 online logs simultaneously and they all uploaded without error. On both my Ham PC and the development PC.

Have a look in your JTAlert session folder %localappdata%\HamApps\W2JC\session\JTAlertX\ for a file named "QrzLog_1.result". It will contain the result of the last QSO upload to QRZ. It is plain text file. Does it show an error?

This is typical result of a successful upload...
2019-11-09 04:06:53 utc
LOGID=450409058&COUNT=1&RESULT=OK

Let me know what you find.

de Laurie VK3AMA


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 9/11/2019 3:05 pm, Ron / W4MMP via Groups.Io wrote:

A support request as been sent.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
OK Ron,

Files received. I am not seeing any delays between the command to save the wave file path and the command to play the file except for a typical delay of ~5 to 10ms. I do note that you have several virtual audio devices (though your not using them for JTAlert audio) and the two other reports I have had of recessive delays (abd of relatively fixed duration) are from users with Flex/DAX devices. It is starting to look like there may be an incompatibility with the new audio library I am using in 2.15.1 and virtual devices, likely something deep within the Windows audio infrastructure.

I am currently testing a new audio library once that is complete and gets the rubber-stamp from the Test team (there is a Flex user in the group experiencing exactly 5 second delays) I will publish a new build. Until then, you may want to roll back to 2.15.0 (see the download link at the bottom of the https://HamApps.com/JTAlert/ page)

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hasan Schiers N0AN
 

I can verify the End Clipping of audio with the new 2.15.1 version, but not on all audio announcements.

"DX" is not clipped (even at end)

"Testing the Sound Card" is clipped at the end ...you get "Testing the Sound Cah"...the rd is missing.

Otherwise works fine, install was clean no issues. 
WSJT-X most recent, Win10 Pro, Core I5, Normal Layout of JTA

Hope this  helps, 73, N0AN
Hasan


On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 8:52 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 9/11/2019 1:08 pm, parker@... wrote:
Installed 2.15.1 on Win 7. NET Framework is 4.8.

There was no audio; the upgrade deselected the soundcard.

I re-selected "Windows Default Sound Card" and audio was restored, BUT the audio alerts are clipped unnaturally short, before the alerts are finished.

I found 2.14.5, re-installed that and all is back to normal.

Parker W5ADD
2.15.1 uses new .NET audio code unlike the XP era code used in the older JTAlert builds. When you say the audio is clipped, what is missing the start or the end of the sound? Which part of the sound is clipped will help isolate what is happening.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick Arzadon - N8XI
 

Laurie,

Thanks for V2.15.1
It fixed my False Positive error:

dnl.hamapps.com

URL:Blacklist

Plus:

SETTINGS>Program Updates>Check for Updates

Got rid of "Error Downloading Data"

All seems to be working well... 

--
73, Rick - N8XI

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ
 

I also experienced a sound issue when upgrading to 2.15.1

After upgrading I had NO sound. Checked the Soundcard settings - no soundcard selected. Set my soundcard (Built-in Realtek sound device) and saved settings... Clicked "Test Sound Card" - nothing.

Reloaded 2.15.0 - sound working perfectly again.

Running Windows 10 Pro (1903 update), .Net Framework 4.8. I have multiple sound devices, but have always used the Realtek On-Board card to feed my speakers.

As 2.15.0 has been working fine here, will wait for the version with the new Sound Library included to be available... just thought I should report the problem!

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
EPC#0558 DMC#1690 30MDG#4081
DXCC HONOR ROLL (332/340)
DXCC(mixed)#41,146 DXCC(RTTY)#1,916
DXCC(phone)#34,990 DXCC(CW)#11,714
DXCC 80m,40m,30m,20m,17m,15m,12m,10m 5BDXCC#8,916
WAS Triple Play #492 WAS(RTTY)#538 WAS(Digital)#163-Endorsements JT65,FT8
WAZ(RTTY)#185 WAE-I(mixed)#72 WAZS(mixed)#214 AAA#1569
AS ZR6DXB: VUCC(50MHZ)#1,334 UKSMG WAE(Silver)#75 UKSMG AFRICA#22 WAC (Satellite)
website : www.zs2ez.co.za

-----Original Message-----
From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of parker@...
Sent: Saturday, 09 November 2019 04:09
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] New JTAlert 2.15.1

Installed 2.15.1 on Win 7. NET Framework is 4.8.

There was no audio; the upgrade deselected the soundcard.

I re-selected "Windows Default Sound Card" and audio was restored, BUT the audio alerts are clipped unnaturally short, before the alerts are finished.

I found 2.14.5, re-installed that and all is back to normal.

Parker W5ADD

Carlos Reboreda
 

Hi All…

 

Just to confirm that I detected this minor audio-alert issue. In my case, the CQ call sounds like clipped at the beggining. COuldn’t check the DX sounds, because, unfortunately, I can’t find much new ones on the band. I wish LOL -wink-.

 

73 Carlos

EA1DWI

 

 

 

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

 

De: Hasan Schiers N0AN
Enviado: sábado, 9 de noviembre de 2019 12:41
Para: Support
Asunto: Re: [HamApps] New JTAlert 2.15.1

 

I can verify the End Clipping of audio with the new 2.15.1 version, but not on all audio announcements.

 

"DX" is not clipped (even at end)

 

"Testing the Sound Card" is clipped at the end ...you get "Testing the Sound Cah"...the rd is missing.

 

Otherwise works fine, install was clean no issues. 

WSJT-X most recent, Win10 Pro, Core I5, Normal Layout of JTA

 

Hope this  helps, 73, N0AN

Hasan

 

 

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 8:52 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 9/11/2019 1:08 pm, parker@... wrote:

Installed 2.15.1 on Win 7. NET Framework is 4.8.
 
There was no audio; the upgrade deselected the soundcard.
 
I re-selected "Windows Default Sound Card" and audio was restored, BUT the audio alerts are clipped unnaturally short, before the alerts are finished.
 
I found 2.14.5, re-installed that and all is back to normal.
 
Parker W5ADD

2.15.1 uses new .NET audio code unlike the XP era code used in the older JTAlert builds. When you say the audio is clipped, what is missing the start or the end of the sound? Which part of the sound is clipped will help isolate what is happening.

de Laurie VK3AMA

 

Michael Black
 

I see the same behavior on "Testing your sound Cahr" with the d missing.Can play the WAV file through other media players just fine.

de Mike W9MDB


On Saturday, November 9, 2019, 05:41:06 AM CST, Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:


I can verify the End Clipping of audio with the new 2.15.1 version, but not on all audio announcements.

"DX" is not clipped (even at end)

"Testing the Sound Card" is clipped at the end ...you get "Testing the Sound Cah"...the rd is missing.

Otherwise works fine, install was clean no issues. 
WSJT-X most recent, Win10 Pro, Core I5, Normal Layout of JTA

Hope this  helps, 73, N0AN
Hasan


On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 8:52 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 9/11/2019 1:08 pm, parker@... wrote:
Installed 2.15.1 on Win 7. NET Framework is 4.8.

There was no audio; the upgrade deselected the soundcard.

I re-selected "Windows Default Sound Card" and audio was restored, BUT the audio alerts are clipped unnaturally short, before the alerts are finished.

I found 2.14.5, re-installed that and all is back to normal.

Parker W5ADD
2.15.1 uses new .NET audio code unlike the XP era code used in the older JTAlert builds. When you say the audio is clipped, what is missing the start or the end of the sound? Which part of the sound is clipped will help isolate what is happening.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Hart
 
Edited

Hi Laurie,

Same here with 2.15.1, correct sound card but no sound. W7 pro, was fine with previous version 2.15.0.

Update; noticed that another sound card USB light was flashing when using TEST, went to sound card and re-selected the card I use and sound is now working, don't know if it will stay after shutdown and restart next session.

73 John?? NA2NY

Jim Denneny
 

Laurie

2.15.1 fixed my 2.15.0 download issue I had been posting for weeks.  Defender gave me a gentle warning about 2.15.1 but let me proceed with the install. Thanks for the fix.

73, Jim K7EG