The Latest JTAlert version 2.15.1 is now
available @ https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/
Significant in this release are the reduced Settings window load
times and the removal of the plugins manager file and all 15
plugin files, the source of recent false-positive reports.
Please review the Release notes at the
end of this message.
As usual the JTAlert installer file has been run through
HamApps.com has the link to the full analysis results. The
installer file produced one false-positive. The Trapmine warning
is a machine-learning (ml) warning which is similar to the
reputation type warnings (low installed user-base). This is a
false-positives not identifying a know threat.
The Release Notes...
*** Includes Callsign database file version
- Decreased load times when opening the Settings
window. This will be most
noticeable for users running older PC hardware.
- Option to include ADIF header in the LastQSO.adi
(Default: ON, Window: Settings, Section:
Logging, Last QSO API).
- The JTAlertPlugins.exe file, a recent source of
false-positive detection's by
some major protection software vendors, has been
replaced along with all 15
plugin files with a single multi-threaded
executable. This file uses high-
performance (compared to the old code) .NET
based code taken from the
JTAlertV3 project. Functions handled by this
- Playing alert sounds.
- XML lookups (QRZ and HamQTH)
- Weblog uploads (QRZ, Eqsl, HrdLog, ClubLog
- Uploading of Spots to HamSpots.
- Downloading of Band Activity data from
- Managing sending/receiving of Text messages
and Callsigns online checks.
- User defined Alerting.
- JTAlert session files cleanup.
- Program updates available checks.
- All DXLab DDE based functions. This includes
DXK, DXV and PF callsign
lookup, DXV rotator control and local
spotting to SC.
- Callsign validation has been simplified. When
processing decodes or entering
Callsigns for the Wanted Callsign and Ignored
Callsign alerts only minimal
validation is performed. This change is due to
the large number
of special event Callsigns that don't follow
traditional Callsign layout
that are now very common on the bands. Words
that don't pass these rules
are deemed invalid and ignored, less than 3
characters, all numbers or
all letters, looks like a 4 character Grid and
de Laurie VK3AMA