locked Message Alert?

Bill - AA4M

Is there any way to get Alert to give me an alert when I receive a message?  FWIW, I've dug and dug in the menus but not been able to find anything!

Thanks, Bill - AA4M

wa0ruf@...

Try Settings >> Window >> Text Messages  -- set the Alert Sound - Wave File Path.  This will give you an audio notice when a message arrives.

You can also set the "Receive text messages ..." checkbox for a popup, with autoclose defined by checkbox "Auto close message received ..." to close the textbox after displaying it for a period of time.

When I receive a message, I get an audio "Hello" and the textbox  popup with the message.

73,
don
wa0ruf

Bill - AA4M

I just finished swapping JTAlert messages with W9MDB and the problem is mostly fixed.  My only question is "Why don't I get the popup when the JTAlert window is minimized"?  I can easily get used to the running wit the window maximized at all times, but it seems to me the popup should work either way.

73, Bill  AA4M

On 11/03/2019 07:21:45, wa0ruf@... wrote:
Try Settings >> Window >> Text Messages  -- set the Alert Sound - Wave File Path.  This will give you an audio notice when a message arrives.

You can also set the "Receive text messages ..." checkbox for a popup, with autoclose defined by checkbox "Auto close message received ..." to close the textbox after displaying it for a period of time.

When I receive a message, I get an audio "Hello" and the textbox  popup with the message.

73,
don
wa0ruf

wa0ruf@...

I don't know the code, but know enough to provide a guess.  The behavior you notice is probably the result of the way the message pop up window is defined with respect to its parent window.  The message window likely inherits the characteristics of its parent window, which if its parent window is minimized might explain why the popup doesn't "come to front" as desired.

The characteristic you desire might be a good candidate for a future enhancement release.

73,
don
wa0ruf

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/11/2019 1:48 am, wa0ruf@charter.net wrote:
I don't know the code, but know enough to provide a guess.  The behavior you notice is probably the result of the way the message pop up window is defined with respect to its parent window.  The message window likely inherits the characteristics of its parent window, which if its parent window is minimized might explain why the popup doesn't "come to front" as desired.

73,
don
wa0ruf
Don,

Yes, your explanation is pretty close.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick Wines

I am trying to download and run the call sign database and sounds. I can download the file, but it looks like a loop.  The file continues to ask if I want to run setup again, like a loop. I disable my protection program but it makes no difference. I am at wits end, any suggestions.

Rick Wines, W5FKW

Sent from Mail for Windows 10