Topics

locked JT Alert cannot find theLOTW Download #FT8

Don Lewis

After performing an LOTW download, the file lotwreport.adi is in the download directory, but JTAlert cannot seem to see it to do the Scan Log and Rebuild

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/10/2019 4:03 am:
After performing an LOTW download, the file lotwreport.adi is in the download directory, but JTAlert cannot seem to see it to do the Scan Log and Rebuild
OM,

JTAlert knows nothing about
lotwreport.adi files? JTAlert will only interact with the log file of the logger you have enabled for logging.
Typically a Logger will update its QSO records with LoTW confirmations either directly or by downloading the lotwreport.adi file and then examining it.
JTAlert will only know about LoTW confirmed QSOs from the logger.
What logger are you using with JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Don Lewis

I am using the Standard ADIF file. I have Enabled Standard ADIF File Logging. The Log File is C:\Users\HamRadio\AppData\Local\HamApps\KE0EE\logs\JTAlertX\log.adi. This log.adi has the data from the download.
- Don

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 5:19 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 27/10/2019 4:03 am:
After performing an LOTW download, the file lotwreport.adi is in the download directory, but JTAlert cannot seem to see it to do the Scan Log and Rebuild
OM,

JTAlert knows nothing about
lotwreport.adi files? JTAlert will only interact with the log file of the logger you have enabled for logging.
Typically a Logger will update its QSO records with LoTW confirmations either directly or by downloading the lotwreport.adi file and then examining it.
JTAlert will only know about LoTW confirmed QSOs from the logger.
What logger are you using with JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Don Lewis

I think it worked this time. I think i checked all three this time (Card, eqsl and LoTW) I did not have eqsl  checked before but I think the other ones was.
- Don,KE0EE

On 27/10/2019 3:19 pm, Don Lewis wrote:
I think it worked this time. I think i checked all three this time (Card, eqsl and LoTW) I did not have eqsl  checked before but I think the other ones was.
- Don,KE0EE
Don,

It is the Card checkbox that is allowing the Scan to locate LoTW confirmed QSOs in the lotwreport.adi file.

The problem with the Lotw file is that while it contains a list of Lotw confirmed QSOs, it doesn't use the standard LoTW confirmed adif fields. It simply uses the <QSL_RCVD> field which traditionally is used for Card confirmations as there are dedicated Lotw <LOTW_QSL_RCVD> and Eqsl <EQSL_QSL_RCVD> adif confirmation fields documented in the adif specifications. LoTW in their wisdom(?) chose not to use the <
LOTW_QSL_RCVD> fields in their adif report file.

de Laurie VK3AMA