The Latest JTAlert version 2.15.0 is now
available @ https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/
There are may changes & fixes in this release, please
review the release notes at the end of this message.
As usual the JTAlert installer file has been run through
VirusTotal. HamApps.com has the link to the full analysis results.
The installer file produced one false-positive. The Trapmine
warning is a machine-learning (ml) warning which is similar to the
reputation type warnings seen in the past from Norton (low
installed user-base). This is a false-positives not identifying a
*** Includes Callsign database version 2019-10-24
- "Online for text messages" indictors for
decoded callsigns. Callsigns
that have messages enabled will be indicated
by underlining of the
callsign and the callsign tooltip will show
an "ONLINE" entry.
- Selectable mode columns in the Band Activity
window. A minimum of one Mode
displayed is enforced. Default is all four
modes are displayed. Use the
"View -> Band Activity Options -> Mode
Display" menu to deselect modes,
or via the Settings window, "Window ->
Band Activity Display" section.
- New JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process that uses
new JTAlertV3 multithreaded
.NET code to manage BandData collection,
Text Messaging, Spotting to
HamSpots and update checks. This replaces
some of the functionality of
the current (old and slow)
JTAlertPlugins.exe manager. Eventually all
plugins will be moved to the new .NET based
- Number of TCP ports for accessing BandData,
Spotting to HamSpots and
Text Messaging services has been doubled for
each, from 2 to 4 ports.
JTAlert no longer uses a fixed port for each
service, but randomizes
the port used with each JTAlert session.
This is done to provide load
balancing on the Server hosting the
- Band Activity data refresh rate changed from
60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Spotting to HamSpots changed from every 60
seconds to every 30 seconds
(every two FT8 periods) at 18 seconds and 48
- Text Message window now shows "OFFLINE" for
callsigns who don't have text
message receipt enabled.
- Previous text messages shown increased from 5
- The limit of one text message per callsign
stored on the Text Message Server
waiting to be collected has been removed.
There is now no limit.
- The character limit of text messages has been
increased from 128 to 256.
- Uncollected text messages are automatically
removed from the Server after
12 hours. This is a change from the previous
age limit of 2 hours.
- Callsign underline for JT9 decodes has been
- Added a 750ms delay before the BandActivity
popup will show in response
to the mouse cursor being over the Bands
display area. Quick movement of
the mouse cursor over the Bands area will no
longer show the popup.
- JTalert update checks and Text Message User
online checks now using
secure https. This is a permanent change and
will require that users
with old Windows PCs have upgraded to using
current generation SSL.
If you can access HamSpots.net using https
than you should be OK.
- JTAlert becoming temporarily unresponsive
with excessive window flicker
lasting from several seconds to several
minutes depending on the PC
environment, caused by an internal code
race-condition being triggered.
- Excessive window flicker when callsign slots
are painted or cleared and
the Band Activity display is refreshed.
- Band colors in the Band Activity status bar
not reflecting the actual band
counts as shown in the popup window. This
affected all bands on the
Traditional Layout build only. (2.14.0
- Missing FT8 column gridlines in the Band
- IOTA data not being logged to any of the
de Laurie VK3AMA