Topics

locked AntiVirus & JT Alert 2.14.5

Anthony

After searching the forum, I do not find a way to bypass this "threat" found by BitDefender. As such I can not install the latest version of JT Alert.  I rolled back to  2.13.6.  Other than removing Bitdefender, any suggestions?  I can not tell BD that the file is ok on install.  Thanks!

--

Anthony N2KI

Michael Black

On Thursday, October 3, 2019, 09:05:13 AM CDT, Anthony <n2ki.ham@...> wrote:

After searching the forum, I do not find a way to bypass this "threat" found by BitDefender. As such I can not install the latest version of JT Alert.  I rolled back to  2.13.6.  Other than removing Bitdefender, any suggestions?  I can not tell BD that the file is ok on install.  Thanks!

--

Anthony N2KI

Anthony

Thanks Mike.  I missed the Antivirus switch.  But even still, after I turned it off and installed, the system lights up like a neon sign showing all sorts of virus components for JTAlert.  I still had to "restore" the components.  I will monitor going forward.  But it would be on the wish list if the programmer can find a way so the script does not trigger "antivirus"
 warnings.

Anthony N2KI

Michael Black

Did you put in the exclusions for the JTAlert program folder.

Mike

On Thursday, October 3, 2019, 09:26:07 AM CDT, Anthony <n2ki.ham@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike.  I missed the Antivirus switch.  But even still, after I turned it off and installed, the system lights up like a neon sign showing all sorts of virus components for JTAlert.  I still had to "restore" the components.  I will monitor going forward.  But it would be on the wish list if the programmer can find a way so the script does not trigger "antivirus"
 warnings.

Anthony N2KI

Anthony

Forgot to add this graphic.

--

Anthony N2KI

Anthony

Yes it is now.  But even after turning off the AV,  it still did not like it.
--

Anthony N2KI

g4wjs

On 03/10/2019 15:28, Anthony wrote:

--

Anthony N2KI

Anthony,

AV products flagging so-called infections where the signature name contains words like "Generic" are BS, they are no more than guesses by the AV software with no solid evidence to back them up. If you trust the supplier and source of the application you are trying to install then you should not waste time claiming the application is malware, just add exceptions or get rid of the AV software and move on.

Bill
G4WJS.

Tony Dixon G4CJC

Provided you have already excepted the JTAlert folder (you must have) then switch off Bitdefender for 5 minutes, you don't need the 15 minutes it offers, and install 2.14.5. Easy peasey.
Tony
G4CJC