locked 2.14.5 Issue

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I just installed 2.14.5 on my system without incident. I discovered that I cannot single-click on a call sign in the call sign display in JTAlert to answer a CQ when running FT4 under JTDX. This approach works fine with FT8 under JTDX and with JTDX and WSJT-X using both FT4 and FT8. My UDP settings seem identical for both JTDX and WSJT-X.

Is this a JTDX issue or a JTAlert issue or have I configured JTDX incorrectly somehow?

Thanks!

On Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 05:55:09 PM EDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

The Latest JTAlert version 2.14.5 is now available @ https://HamApps.com

With this release there is no longer a separate installer for the "Alternate Layout" (now called "Alt Layout") build of JTAlert. Both JTAlert build types, "Traditional" (menus in titlebar) and "Alt Layout" (menus below titlebar) are included in the one installer package. Switching between build types is now a simple matter or using the correct shortcut, there is no need to install a different build. Each Build type / Operation type  (WSJT-X or JTDX) combination uses a unique coloured shortcut icon.

For users who can't or refuse to read release notes, the shortcuts for each build & operation type are...
  • Red => JTAlert for WSJT-X.
  • Blue => JTAlert for JTDX.
  • Green => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for WSJT-X.
  • Purple => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for JTDX.
See the release notes below for a full list of changes and fixes.

As usual the JTAlert installer file has been run through VirusTotal. HamApps.com has the link to the full analysis results. The installer file produced two false-positives. The GData warning is simply due to JTAlert being created using the AutoIT script compiler and the Trapmine warning is a machine-learning (ml) warning which is similar to the reputation type warnings seen in the past from Norton (low installed user-base). Both are false-positives, neither identifying a know infection.

The Release Notes...
  New Features:
    - Option to turn off State Code display after Callsign.
       (Default: OFF, Window: Settings, Section: Alerts, Wanted States).

  Changes:
    - The JTAlert "Alternate Layout" build has been renamed "Alt Layout".
    - "Alt Layout" builds of JTAlert are no longer provided via a seperate installer.
       The one installer now includes both builds of JTAlert, "Traditional" with
       menus in the title bar and "Alt Layout" with the menu below the titlebar.
       Switching to a different layout build is simply handled by executing the
       correct shortcut.
    - "Alt Layout" builds of JTAlert now use unique colored icons for the shortcuts
       and the JTAlert window titlebar.
         Red => JTAlert for WSJT-X.
         Blue => JTAlert for JTDX.
         Green => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for WSJT-X.
         Purple => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for JTDX.
    - Support for JTDX non-standard FT4 UDP decode mode identification
       character. (WSJT-X = "+", JTDX = ":")

  Fixes:
    - ADIF import window progress bar not displaying to the full width when the
       import has completed and reaches 100%.
    - Log4OM MySQL logs not being scanned correctly resulting in all entities
       (dxcc, state, etc) being flagged as needed. (2.14.4 defect)
    - Application auto-start entry "Close" checkbox incorrectly enabled when
       the "Start" checkbox is unchecked.
    - Desktop shortcuts for additional callsigns (under the Station section of
       the Settings window) created for no-longer-supported JT65-HF & HB9HQX
    - TX Mode not displayed in JTAlert titlebar status (between the square
       brackets) when JTAlert is working with JTDX.

On 3/10/2019 9:09 am, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io wrote:
I just installed 2.14.5 on my system without incident. I discovered that I cannot single-click on a call sign in the call sign display in JTAlert to answer a CQ when running FT4 under JTDX. This approach works fine with FT8 under JTDX and with JTDX and WSJT-X using both FT4 and FT8. My UDP settings seem identical for both JTDX and WSJT-X.

Is this a JTDX issue or a JTAlert issue or have I configured JTDX incorrectly somehow?

Thanks!

Ed, K0KC
Ed,

Since JTDX with FT4 has not been publicly released (still in beta testing as far as I know), the cause is very likely something within the JTDX.

The JTAlert code for managing sending commands to WSJT-X and JTDX in response to a single-click is Mode independent. There are no mode checks performed before sending the command to the relevant application instance, FT4 clicks  should work the same as FT8 clicks.  This further suggests the problem is with JTDX.

If your beta testing JTDX, I suggest you raise this issue with them.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Wilson

Yes, I am testing FT4 under JTDX. I will contact Igor to report this issue.

On Oct 2, 2019, at 7:18 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

[...]

Игорь Ч <c_igor@...>

Hi Ed,

UDP replay issue is fixed starting from JTDX 140_18.

73,
Igor UA3DJY

Четверг, 3 октября 2019, 2:26 +03:00 от Ed Wilson via Groups.Io <ed.wilson@...>:

[...]

Игорь

Ed Wilson

Great! I am looking forward to testing it or a later version soon.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Thursday, October 3, 2019, 5:48:22 AM EDT, Игорь Ч via Groups.Io <c_igor@...> wrote:

[...]

This issue has been fixed in JTDX.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On 3/10/2019 11:28 pm, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io wrote:
This issue has been fixed in JTDX.

Ed, K0KC
Tnx Ed,

I saw that Igor posted that it was corrected in a new JTDX build. I had forgotten that Igor monitors this group.

de Laurie VK3AMA