The Latest JTAlert version 2.14.5 is now
available @ https://HamApps.com
With this release there is no longer a separate installer for the
"Alternate Layout" (now called "Alt Layout") build of JTAlert.
Both JTAlert build types, "Traditional" (menus in titlebar) and
"Alt Layout" (menus below titlebar) are included in the one
installer package. Switching between build types is now a simple
matter or using the correct shortcut, there is no need to install
a different build. Each Build type / Operation type (WSJT-X or
JTDX) combination uses a unique coloured shortcut icon.
For users who can't or refuse to read release notes, the shortcuts
for each build & operation type are...
See the release notes below for a full list
of changes and fixes.
- Red => JTAlert for WSJT-X.
- Blue => JTAlert for JTDX.
- Green => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for
- Purple => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for
As usual the JTAlert installer file has been run through
VirusTotal. HamApps.com has the link to the full analysis results.
The installer file produced two false-positives. The GData warning
is simply due to JTAlert being created using the AutoIT script
compiler and the Trapmine warning is a machine-learning (ml)
warning which is similar to the reputation type warnings seen in
the past from Norton (low installed user-base). Both are
false-positives, neither identifying a know infection.
- Option to turn off State Code display after
(Default: OFF, Window: Settings, Section:
Alerts, Wanted States).
- The JTAlert "Alternate Layout" build has been
renamed "Alt Layout".
- "Alt Layout" builds of JTAlert are no longer
provided via a seperate installer.
The one installer now includes both builds of
JTAlert, "Traditional" with
menus in the title bar and "Alt Layout" with the
menu below the titlebar.
Switching to a different layout build is simply
handled by executing the
- "Alt Layout" builds of JTAlert now use unique
colored icons for the shortcuts
and the JTAlert window titlebar.
Red => JTAlert for WSJT-X.
Blue => JTAlert for JTDX.
Green => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for WSJT-X.
Purple => JTAlert (Alt Layout) for JTDX.
- Support for JTDX non-standard FT4 UDP decode mode
character. (WSJT-X = "+", JTDX = ":")
- ADIF import window progress bar not displaying to
the full width when the
import has completed and reaches 100%.
- Log4OM MySQL logs not being scanned correctly
resulting in all entities
(dxcc, state, etc) being flagged as needed.
- Application auto-start entry "Close" checkbox
incorrectly enabled when
the "Start" checkbox is unchecked.
- Desktop shortcuts for additional callsigns (under
the Station section of
the Settings window) created for
no-longer-supported JT65-HF & HB9HQX
- TX Mode not displayed in JTAlert titlebar status
(between the square
brackets) when JTAlert is working with JTDX.
de Laurie VK3AMA