Topics

locked Text Online/Offline

Michael Black

How's about we also add "Offline" to the text window status in addition to "Online".
I find myself staring at it wondering if it's been updated or not.

Is that possible?

de MIke W9MDB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/10/2019 1:28 pm, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
How's about we also add "Offline" to the text window status in addition to "Online".
I find myself staring at it wondering if it's been updated or not.

Is that possible?

de MIke W9MDB
Mike,

I tend to agree. Currently, anything other than the "Online" status indicates either offline, host access denied or unreachable, or internet down.

I will see what I can do for the JTAlert 2.14.6 release (as you know 2.14.5 is imminent).

I wont bother with a technical explanation of the current implementation, I will just say, I will be very glad when I have finally abandoned the single-threaded, synchronous (blocking), non-OOP, AutoIT code I have to work with and the hacks with plugin processes mimicking thread-like behaviour. The JTAlert V2 code-base has become somewhat of a mess over the years.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gilbert Baron <w0mn00@...>

Sounds good to abandon those but it is going to be a real task. 😊

Good luck and I am sure it will be a great step up.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

[...]

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W