Topics

locked Text Messaging

Michael Ernst

I would like to set up JTAlert if possible - or some other means if it is not - to send me a text message to my cell phone when one or more wanted DXpedition stations are being received at my QTH. Is there a way to do this? If so in JTAlert, or do I need some other app installed?

Thanks and 73,
Mike, AE8U

Michael Black

Search the help file for "email" -- I set this up a long time ago and don't know how well this works now with all the authentication going on.

I'm working on several projects right now and a new email client for this purpose would be useful.  A GUI might be nice but a command line version could be helpful too.

de Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, September 29, 2019, 08:00:27 AM CDT, Michael Ernst <mernst@...> wrote:

I would like to set up JTAlert if possible - or some other means if it is not - to send me a text message to my cell phone when one or more wanted DXpedition stations are being received at my QTH. Is there a way to do this? If so in JTAlert, or do I need some other app installed?

Thanks and 73,
Mike, AE8U

d_ziolkowski

Mike-

DX Labs- Spotcollector can do that.  Spots from JTAlert get sent to Spot Collector as local spots, then SPot Collector can be set up to send email alerts/ DAN KC@STA

--
Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T

John Holmes W9ILY

Michael,
YES! JTAlert will definitely send you text messages for the DXpedition (or IOTA, etc.) calls that interest you. It works very well using SendEmail.exe. Let me know if you'd like more info..
John W9ILY

John H. Long Jr.

I would like more information as I have never gotten it to work.

John H. Long Jr.
KW7A
1370 N 150 E
Nephi, UT 84648