Topics

locked WAS States

Alfred Reeves

I'm running a Flex 6300 and using HRD as my logging program.  I have done a Scan and Rebuild log scan and I can't get my FT4 80M list to log a confirmed (LOTW) station from Oregon in my 80M list.  All other states and bands work properly.  Any ideas?

Al
W1JHU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/09/2019 12:33 pm, Alfred Reeves wrote:
I'm running a Flex 6300 and using HRD as my logging program.  I have done a Scan and Rebuild log scan and I can't get my FT4 80M list to log a confirmed (LOTW) station from Oregon in my 80M list.  All other states and bands work properly.  Any ideas?

Al
W1JHU
Al,

Since your talking about a specific State, I image you don't have too many log entries for OR on 80m, that's where you need to check.

With the recent inability of HRD to get their logger working correctly with the new FT4 mode and its ADIF Mode/SubMode specification combined with the past incorrect advice provided by HRD Support regarding LoTW and changing of the  of the Mode in the log, your log is where you need to look. My guess is that the QSO(s) in question are logged as Mode = MSFK and as such JTAlert will not consider them as FT4.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Alfred Reeves

TNX Laurie for your fast response.  I only have 1 OR logged on 80M.  I have 40 other FT4 states logged OK on 80M and this OR QSO is the only one that won't show in Alert after the Scan and rebuild.  If I manual uncheck OR in the 80 list the next time I do a rebuild it will put the check mark back indicating needed.  Any other thoughts?

All my FT4 QSO are being logged properly with my HRD settings.  It seem it's this only 80M QSO

TNX
Al
W1JHU

On 29/09/2019 1:23 pm, Alfred Reeves wrote:
I only have 1 OR logged on 80M.  I have 40 other FT4 states logged OK on 80M and this OR QSO is the only one that won't show in Alert after the Scan and rebuild.  If I manual uncheck OR in the 80 list the next time I do a rebuild it will put the check mark back indicating needed.  Any other thoughts?

All my FT4 QSO are being logged properly with my HRD settings.  It seem it's this only 80M QSO

TNX
Al
W1JHU
Al,

The problem is the JTAlert scan not finding that OR QSO. Some things to check...
  • The QSO entry Mode is "FT4"
  • The QSO entry State is "OR"
  • The QSO entry Frequency is correct for 80m.
  • The QSO entry has a QSL confirmation set that matches what you have set for the scan. eg, if you have LoTW confirmations ticked for the JTAlert Scan, the Log QSO needs to marked as LoTW confirmed.

If none of the above identifies the problem, then I will need to examine your log file. Do the following...

  • Use the "Help -> Contact Support" menu or "? -> Contact Support" menu, depending on JTAlert build type, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis. When sending tick the CC checkbox so you get a copy of the support email that I receive.
  • Reply to the cc'd support email with your HRD log file attached, zip it up first. If your not using an MSAcess Log, then send an adif export of your log.
If you find the problem, please let me know the fix.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ron W3RJW

Al,

Is your TQSL config file up-to-date ??

"Continuing with the May 2019 implementation of the new MFSK Submode FT4, and the WSJT-X Development Group's July 15, 2019 General Availability (GA) release of WSJT-X 2.1.0, ARRL is updating LoTW and the WAS Awards program to implement FT4 for WAS Digital Award Endorsement.  No other endorsements are under consideration at this time."
Ron, W3RJW

Alfred Reeves

Laurie:

Thanks for your reply.  Its a mute issue at this time as I worked and confirmed another OR station.

Thanks for your help and most of all thanks for a wonderful product.

Beat 73
Al
W1JHU

[...]

Ron:

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I do have the latest TQSL config file installed.  However, its a mute issue at this time as I worked and confirmed another OR station.

TNX and 73
Al
W1JHU

On 1/10/2019 1:57 am, Alfred Reeves wrote:
Thanks for your reply.  Its a mute issue at this time as I worked and confirmed another OR station.

Thanks for your help and most of all thanks for a wonderful product.

Beat 73
Al
W1JHU
Al,

Please, I would like to examine your log, in particular the entry for the 80m FT4 OR QSO that JTAlert was unable to detect during the log scan. an adif export of your log will be sufficient with mention of the Callsign of the QSO in question.

Thanks
de Laurie VK3AMA