Topics

locked JTAlert and LOGHX

Frank IZ7AUH

Hi guys,
I use LogHX with WSJT-X, I want use JTAler too, but no info about a correct parameters to use, can possible, if not will soon implement this LogHX?
Best 73 IZ7AUH

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/09/2019 7:52 am, Frank IZ7AUH wrote:
I use LogHX with WSJT-X, I want use JTAler too, but no info about a correct parameters to use, can possible, if not will soon implement this LogHX?
Best 73 IZ7AUH

I have never heard of LOGHX.

I couldn't find any documentation of 3rd party integration, in particular what interface (API) does it provide for 3rd party applications like JTAlert to log QSOs. What type of file is the Log (is it a common format like .mdb, sqlite, mysql). If it doesn't provide a logging API, or uses a propitiatory log database format then JTAlert will not be extended to support LOGHX.

If LOG4HX does use a common/main-stream database format for the log and has a usable logging API, there is no guarantee the I will extend JTAlert to support it, that will depend on testing and time availability. I will say, if support for LOGHX is added, it wont be until JTAlerV3 is released and that is still several months away.

OK,

Found an old thread in the message archive about LOGHX, here https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/20663

With what I said in that thread "Nothing about log format, logging interface or any of the technical information I would require to make decision" and my recent web-search producing the same results, a lack of technical information, at this time there are no plans to pursue LOGHX integration into JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA