Topics

locked HamSpots.NET Callsign change? #HamSpots

Rich Holst

I am not seeing a way to change my callsign on Hamspots.net It was K2RWH and is now K2RH as I have inherited my Dad's callsign.

I could not find any support contact information on the HamSpots webpage so I'm posting here bases on a few other threads I have seen with similar requests.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/09/2019 11:48 pm, Rich Holst wrote:
I am not seeing a way to change my callsign on Hamspots.net It was K2RWH and is now K2RH as I have inherited my Dad's callsign.

I could not find any support contact information on the HamSpots webpage so I'm posting here bases on a few other threads I have seen with similar requests.

Thanks in advance.
Rich
The HamSpots home page at https://hamspots.net/ has the information you seek.

Please send an email to the above address and the Site Admin will action the request.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Larry Banks

Hi Laurie,

I have been using the following web site for a few years and it doesn’t have the notice below: http://hamapps.com/

Have you changed your home page?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2019 10:52
Subject: Re: [HamApps] HamSpots.NET Callsign change? #HamSpots

On 2/09/2019 3:29 am, Larry Banks via Groups.Io wrote:
I have been using the following web site for a few years and it doesn’t have the notice below: http://hamapps.com/

Have you changed your home page?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

<snip>
The HamSpots home page at https://hamspots.net/ has the information you seek.

Larry,

HamSpots.net is the site I am referring to with the image posted. HamApps.com is where you download JTAlert, 2 different domains and sites.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Larry Banks

Hi Laurie,

If I may suggest this, perhaps this message needs to be on both sites.  We go to hamapps.com to first start JTAlert, and download all new versions, etc.  I very seldom go to hamspots unless I wish to track who is on the bands.  I always go to hamapps to check on the status of the apps and updates, and I suspect that this is where most hams go to deal with the app itself, and where we would expect to update our accounts, etc.  In my way of thinking:

hamapps = information about the app and how we use it
hamspots = information about the other hams using the app

73 -- Larry – W1DYJ

PS – and thanks to the great SW!

Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2019 22:01

On 2/09/2019 12:34 pm, Larry Banks via Groups.Io wrote:
If I may suggest this, perhaps this message needs to be on both sites.
??? Sorry, I can't see any reason to post HamSpots support contact instructions over on HamApps.

HamApps, at the very top of the home page (there is only one page) instructs users to post to this support group. The HamSpots home page has the HamSpots support email. The sites are two different animals, serving two different purposes.

This entire thread has referred to HamSpots.

de Laurie VK3AMA