locked Problem With JTAlertX Shortcut

W7JHR@...

I just downloaded JTAlert ver. 2.14.3 on Windows 10.  When I press the shortcut icon to open it, I receive the following message:

Problem with Shortcut
The item JTAlert.exe  that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.
Do you want to delete this shortcut?

I have never had a problem with the shortcut before.  What happened and how do I fix the problem?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Alfred Reeves

Looks like your clicking your desktop icon.  This icon no longer works because you installed a new version.  You have to go to your WIN10 Start programs and launch from there or place o new shortcut on the desktop.  Delete the desktop icon that no longer works.

Al
W1JHU

Bill Tee

I had the same issue when I replaced a hard drive. Have you been messing around inside your puter?

On August 29, 2019 at 2:35 PM "W7JHR via Groups.Io" <W7JHR@...> wrote:

I just downloaded JTAlert ver. 2.14.3 on Windows 10.  When I press the shortcut icon to open it, I receive the following message:

Problem with Shortcut
The item JTAlert.exe  that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.
Do you want to delete this shortcut?

I have never had a problem with the shortcut before.  What happened and how do I fix the problem?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

W7JHR@...

Problem solved.  I uninstalled JTAlert and reinstalled it again and made sure that the folder it went in was Program Files X86.  Then it worked fine.

73
Jim W7JHR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/08/2019 4:35 am, W7JHR via Groups.Io wrote:
I just downloaded JTAlert ver. 2.14.3 on Windows 10.  When I press the shortcut icon to open it, I receive the following message:

Problem with Shortcut
The item JTAlert.exe  that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.
Do you want to delete this shortcut?

I have never had a problem with the shortcut before.  What happened and how do I fix the problem?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR
Very likely your virus protection incorrectly deleted the JTAlert.exe file which the shortcut is configured to use.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Antony

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. McAfee decided (for the first time) following a windows 10 update to delete the .exe file. I've put in an exception and all is back working. I did try a few QSOs without JTAlert but couldn't do without it! Thanks Laurie and team for a wonderful facility. 73, Antony G4CUS