locked Apostrophe

Steven Radoff <sradoff1942@...>

What does the (!) mean on the title bar of JT Alert? Running JT Alert 2.13.10 and WSIT-X 2.1.0. I am not seeing many DX callsigns in the grid like I used to,  mostly USA/VE.

Jim Monty

Updates available

Jim
N6DVR

On Aug 25, 2019, at 08:15, Steven Radoff <sradoff1942@...> wrote:

What does the (!) mean on the title bar of JT Alert? Running JT Alert 2.13.10 and WSIT-X 2.1.0. I am not seeing many DX callsigns in the grid like I used to,  mostly USA/VE.

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/08/2019 1:15 am, Steven Radoff wrote:
What does the (!) mean on the title bar of JT Alert?
It indicates an Update is available, either JTAlert or the Callsigns database if installed.

BTW, the "!" symbol is an exclamation mark, not an apostrophe.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

Speaking of the "!", it might be nice if it were in red to make it more noticeable.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On 26/08/2019 5:46 am, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io wrote:
Speaking of the "!", it might be nice if it were in red to make it more noticeable.

Ed, K0KC

Ed,

While possible, coloring is unlikely to be implemented. An alternative is to use the Alternate Build of JTAlert which does away with this abbreviation,  instead using plain text, "(Updates)".

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tony Dixon G4CJC

Not red, absolutely not red. For those of us who are chromatically challenged.

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/08/2019 7:07 am, Tony Dixon G4CJC wrote:
Not red, absolutely not red. For those of us who are chromatically challenged.
Tony, don't worry. I endeavour to have all colors in JTAlert user-settable.

In this case, coloring the updates indicator, it is very unlikely to be implemented. But if it is, the color will be user-settable.

A little know fact, I am personally color challenged in one eye only.

de Laurie VK3AMA