locked FT4 Scan & Rebuild

jeff@...

FT4 Scan & Rebuild process is not deselecting the states that have been added to the log.

Mike Rhodes

Have they been confirmed?

Mike / W8DN

On 8/23/2019 7:55 AM, jeff@jj-rumsey.com wrote:
FT4 Scan & Rebuild process is not deselecting the states that have been added to the log.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 23/08/2019 9:55 pm:

OM (Name? Callsign?)

Not a lot of detail in your message making it hard to answer.

What version of JTAlert?
What is the Logger (and version) are your scanning against?
How is the mode and band tracking set for the wanted States?
If your tracking by "Individual Mode" or "Any WSJT-X mode" do you have the mode selector set to FT4 so your showing the FT4 results.
eg.

What QSL confirmation types do you have set for the State scan?
Does you log contain records with those confirmation types for FT4?
eg. You might have LoTW cfm required by the Scan  but your log hasn't been updated with your FT4 LoTW confirmations.

As a first diagnostic step please let us know the answers to the above questions.

de Laurie VK3AMA

jeff@...

Sorry I didn't provide more information Laurie.   Here are the answers to your questions:

I'm running JTAlertX v2.14.3
Logger is HRD Logbook v6.6.0.237
Mode is set for "By Individual mode" and FT4 is selected.
I have eQSL and LoTW checked in the State scan confirmation field,
Yes, the log contains lots of records with the mode column filled in as "FT4", as well as lots of FT8, which do work fine.
I've downloaded the LoTW records daily into HRD Logbook, as I do for FT8.

I should add that the scan also does not uncheck the Wanted Continent of North America, like it should.  And yet all this has been working perfectly for FT8.

I probably have something not configured correctly, but with FT4 so new, I thought I should ask.

Thanks,
Jeff Rumsey, NQ0N

jeff@...

I started looking at what I was getting back from LOTW, and it appears that I have not received any confirmed FT4 records from LOTW, so maybe LOTW has a problem with FT4?  I will see what I can find out from them.
Jeff  NQ0N

Larry Banks

Hi Jeff,

LoTW does not have any issues with FT4.  What logger are you using?  If HRD, that is your problem as it is not ADIF compliant and cabnot at this time upload FT4 Qs correctly.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, August 23, 2019 16:55
Subject: Re: [HamApps] FT4 Scan & Rebuild

I started looking at what I was getting back from LOTW, and it appears that I have not received any confirmed FT4 records from LOTW, so maybe LOTW has a problem with FT4?  I will see what I can find out from them.
Jeff  NQ0N

Michael Black

FT4 confirmations work just fine with LOTW.

What logger are you using?  HRD has a problem with FT4 QSOs apparently.

de Mike W9MDB

On Friday, August 23, 2019, 03:56:01 PM CDT, <jeff@...> wrote:

Jeff  NQ0N

jeff@...

Thanks Larry - I'll look into HRD Logbook to see what can be done.  Maybe I just need to start using a different logger.
Jeff, NQ0N  73

jeff@...

Thanks Mike -- I am using latest version of HRD Logbook, so I guess they haven't caught up to FT4 yet.
Jeff, NQ0N -- 73

on5po

hello all,
I noticed the same problem, upload to lotw, mode ft4 -> ok
qso done in ft4 to logbook HRD -> ok 
dowload lotw qso ft4 __> ok until the moment or HRD logbook must enter the confirmation date lotw, -> nothing fits

ON5PO,Janny

De : Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> de la part de jeff@... <jeff@...>
Envoyé : vendredi 23 août 2019 23:09
À : Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io>
Objet : Re: [HamApps] FT4 Scan & Rebuild

Thanks Mike -- I am using latest version of HRD Logbook, so I guess they haven't caught up to FT4 yet.
Jeff, NQ0N -- 73

Jim - N4ST

Known problem with HRD Logbook. Well discussed in the forums.
HRD Logbook does not handle submodes, which is what FT4 is.
LoTW is fine and will confirm the QSL if both parties upload correctly.
Comments on the HRD forum would lead one to believe that fixing HRD Logbook
to handle submodes is not a top priority at the moement.

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of
on5po
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 03:37
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io

hello all,
I noticed the same problem, upload to lotw, mode ft4 -> ok
qso done in ft4 to logbook HRD -> ok 
dowload lotw qso ft4 __> ok until the moment or HRD logbook must enter the
confirmation date lotw, -> nothing fits

ON5PO,Janny
Envoyé : vendredi 23 août 2019 23:09
À : mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io <mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io>
Objet : Re: [HamApps] FT4 Scan & Rebuild

Thanks Mike -- I am using latest version of HRD Logbook, so I guess they
haven't caught up to FT4 yet.
Jeff, NQ0N -- 73

Ron W3RJW

Edited

For now the easy work around to show match(verified) in HRD is two steps:

1) You must go into the Logbook, "Tools", "Configure", "Modes" and add Mode=FT4 and ADIF=FT4 for your contacts to be shown as FT4 in LOTW ...  (Once the FT4 contacts are matched in LOTW, they are confirmed contacts, but will not show in HRD LOTW downloads and subsequently in a JTA scan)

Note Added: Under 'logging' in JTA do not select "Log FT4 as ADIF 3.1.0 Compliant Mode=MFSK, Submode=FT4   HRD is not yet ADIF 3.1.0 Compliant ...

2) The updating of HRD for confirmations has to be done manually (a work around) ---- From the shown tabs in the of ALE window (Show:Tabs, LOTW) select LOTW, Under 'Rcvd.' select 'Verified(Match)' for each verified contact.

Ron, W3RJW

Jim - N4ST

Another approach for downloading your LoTW FT4 QSLs to HRD Log:
In HRD Log, filter all of your FT4 contacts.
Bulk edit them to MFSK.
Download the LoTW QSLs and update your database.
Now in HRD Log, filter your MFSK contacts.
Bulk edit them back to FT4.
Obviously if you have real MFSK contacts in your HRD Log, be careful.
This is somewhat tedious, but much faster than manually matching and updating a few hundred individual FT4 QSLs by hand.

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron W3RJW via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 08:46
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io

[Edited Message Follows]

1) You must go into the Logbook, "Tools", "Configure", "Modes" and add Mode=FT4 and ADIF=FT4 for your contacts to be shown as FT4 in LOTW ... (Once the FT4 contacts are matched in LOTW, they are confirmed contacts, but will not show in HRD LOTW downloads and subsequently in a JTA scan)

Note Added: Under 'logging' in JTA do not select "Log FT4 as ADIF 3.1.0 Compliant Mode=MFSK, Submode=FT4 HRD is not yet ADIF 3.1.0 Compliant ...

2) The updating of HRD for confirmations has to be done manually (a work around) ---- From the shown tabs in the of ALE window (Show:Tabs, LOTW) select LOTW, Under 'Rcvd.' select 'Verified(Match)' for each verified contact.

Ron, W3RJW

J F

Jeff,
  I don't know what version of HRD you are using.  I recently updated to the latest version and now no longer have any problem uploading my FT4 contacts.  I am able to select FT4 in the drop down menu for mode in HRD.   I did not have that option before I did the update.  I did have to go back an resubmit my logs now in the FT4 from HRD and they do show up in LOTW as FT4 like they should instead of the MSFK mode that I was getting before the update.

Jona KK4HMQ

On Friday, August 23, 2019, 4:09:57 PM CDT, <jeff@...> wrote:

Jeff, NQ0N -- 73

Alfred Reeves

I posted this a few days ago.

First of all I agree it is an HRD issue.  In fact in one of their mailing to registered user they pretty much admitted they need to fix it.  I'm running the latest version of HRD and this is the work around I use and it works every time.  Changes have to be made in two areas The TQSL app and the HRD app.

TQSL
* Open TQSL
* Click File>Display Mode or Preferences>ADIF Modes (tab)
* Add MFSK>FT4 in the Custom ADIF Mode Mapping box
* Click OK and close the TQSL app.

HRD
Click Tools>Config>Modes
* Set FT4>MFSK

I would then upload all your FT4 QSOs to LOTW and then do an LOTW download with the appropriate date range.  Check to see if your FT4 QSOs are marked "Verified"

This method worked 100% for me and does not affect any other QSO modes.

Let me know if it works for you.

Al
W1JHU

Barry <boat.anchor@...>

I agree with Ron
I use HRD5.0 and this works 100%
GL de Barry

1) You must go into the Logbook, "Tools", "Configure", "Modes" and add Mode=FT4 and ADIF=FT4 for your contacts to be shown as FT4 in LOTW ... (Once the FT4 contacts are matched in LOTW, they are confirmed contacts, but will not show in HRD LOTW downloads and subsequently in a JTA scan)

Note Added: Under 'logging' in JTA do not select "Log FT4 as ADIF 3.1.0 Compliant Mode=MFSK, Submode=FT4 HRD is not yet ADIF 3.1.0 Compliant ...

Ron, W3RJW

neil_zampella

I'm fairly sure you should NOT change anything in TQSL .. it is properly setup for FT4 and will store FT4 QSOs on LoTW.     The latest TQSL configuration file has the correct mode conversion for uploads to LOTW.

The issue is HRD, and the fact that LoTW exports in the latest ADIF specification, which HRD has not implemented even though Submodes have been part of the ADIF specification for the past six years.    

Again, do not add any mode conversion to LoTW, if and when HRD gets fixed, you may forget that that mode conversion is there, and cause other issues.  It will also cause issues if other MFSK mode protocols are created, and you forget to remove that 'MFSK -> FT4" conversion.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Barry <boat.anchor@...>

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 08:27 PM, Barry wrote:
I agree with Ron
I use HRD5.0 and this works 100%
GL de Barry

Ron, W3RJW
Please let me explain that item 1 was the only change I made in HRD5.0 
and no other changes were needed to do correct upload and verified download.
cheers de
Barry

Alfred Reeves

In addition to the work around I recently posted I have used this one and it works just fine.  Somewhat of a chore if you have a great number of confirmed LOTW QSOs.  Hopefully. the HRD team will get their app fixed.

Al
W1JHU