Topics

locked no data is displayed

mosrite599@...

--
In my previous version when I hovered over right top of JTAlert title bar a box showing all active stations by band would appear. With 2.13.10 this box does not populate. What have I done wrong?
The window is displayed but no data is displayed.
The "Last Update" message at the bottom of the window is "Pending". There is no indication of UTC date and time.
Since "pending", testing the connection in the "Web Services-> TCPIP Network Port" section of the JTAlert configuration is OK
windows10   WSJT-X &JTDX

73   JH2NXM Ron

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/07/2019 9:19 am, mosrite599@... wrote:
In my previous version when I hovered over right top of JTAlert title bar a box showing all active stations by band would appear. With 2.13.10 this box does not populate. What have I done wrong?
The window is displayed but no data is displayed.
The "Last Update" message at the bottom of the window is "Pending". There is no indication of UTC date and time.
Since "pending", testing the connection in the "Web Services-> TCPIP Network Port" section of the JTAlert configuration is OK
windows10   WSJT-X &JTDX

73   JH2NXM Ron
Ron,

Very likely your virus/malware protection is interfering with the "JTAlertBandData.Plugin" file which is responsible for downloading the data. Try temporarily disabling your protection software or add an exclusion for the
"JTAlertBandData.Plugin" file, located in the "plugins" directory under the install location of JTAlert.

Another possibility is that your internet connection is slow or dropping packets and the band data download (only ~150 bytes file size) is not completing before hitting the connection timeout.

Also worth checking is the "banddata.error" file using notepad or similar, its a simple text file, and may provide some clues as to what is happening.
It is located at %localappdata%l\HamApps\YOUR_CALLSIGN\session\JTAlertX\

Let me know what you find.
If you still can't resolve the issue, send me direct your public IP address (use whatsmyip.org) and I will check the Server logs to see if there is anything recorded for your IP.

de Laurie VK3AMA