Topics

locked Is it possible for WSJT-X to log to JT Alert from a separate computer

w7psk

and have it then log to DXKeeper?
Im tired of windows 10 mis-managing my sound cards and I have an older desktop
running linux mint and would like to put WSJT-X on it, have it send info via UDP to JTAlert on this
computer and log it to DXKeeper,  they are the only 2 programs keeping me on Windows.

Scotty W7PSK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/07/2019 4:18 am, w7psk wrote:
and have it then log to DXKeeper?
Im tired of windows 10 mis-managing my sound cards and I have an older desktop
running linux mint and would like to put WSJT-X on it, have it send info via UDP to JTAlert on this
computer and log it to DXKeeper,  they are the only 2 programs keeping me on Windows.

Scotty W7PSK
Not possible under the JTAlert V2 series. JTAlert expects/requires WSJT-X to be running on the same PC as JTAlert. This cannot easily change without a fundamental redesign to how JTAlert V2 is structured/coded and I don't expect that will change.

JTAlertV3 does support remote WSJT-X & Logger installs, but that unfortunately is still months away from release. FWIW, coding of JTAlertV3 is happening on a remote PC connected to the main Ham PC running WSJT-X and DXKeeper via a local network, decoding and logging is occurring without issue despite the non-local installs. All design and testing is following that remote model.

de Laurie VK3AMA

w7psk

Thanks Laurie, Great job on the program, I was hoping :).  V2 sounds exciting. I admire anyone that can code.  I can barely

get a computer to output hello world :)

Scotty W7PSK