Topics

locked JTAlertX Logging Confirmation Window Duration

Mike Flowers

Went I log a WSJT-X QSO through JTAlertX, the logging confirmation window pops up, and stays up, for about 4 seconds.  Probably exactly 4 seconds.

Is there a way to make this duration 2 seconds?  Or 1 second?  Or turn it off completely?

When the QSOs are coming thick and fast and JTAlertX is docked with WSJT-X, the logging confirmation window covers WSJT-X data and controls I need access to.

Thanks!

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, NCDXC Secretary

Michael Black

Settings/Manage Settings/Window/Popup Windows -- turn off "Show Log QSO to Logger Success".
Useful to have the failure one on though.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, July 4, 2019, 12:25:57 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

Went I log a WSJT-X QSO through JTAlertX, the logging confirmation window pops up, and stays up, for about 4 seconds.  Probably exactly 4 seconds.

Is there a way to make this duration 2 seconds?  Or 1 second?  Or turn it off completely?

When the QSOs are coming thick and fast and JTAlertX is docked with WSJT-X, the logging confirmation window covers WSJT-X data and controls I need access to.

Thanks!

Mike Flowers

Thanks for the pointer.

Even when JTAlertX says it failed, DXLab always logs it for me, so I find no utility in either one.

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 10:30
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlertX Logging Confirmation Window Duration

Settings/Manage Settings/Window/Popup Windows -- turn off "Show Log QSO to Logger Success".

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, July 4, 2019, 12:25:57 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

Thanks!

Michael Black

If you're seeing the failed message when it works increase the timeout value.

Settings/Manage Settings/Miscellaneous/Performance and bump up the "Check QSO Log Record".

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, July 4, 2019, 04:36:32 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

Thanks for the pointer.

Even when JTAlertX says it failed, DXLab always logs it for me, so I find no utility in either one.

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io

de Mike W9MDB

Thanks!

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/07/2019 7:36 am, Mike Flowers wrote:

If JTAlert is reporting it is unable to confirm the QSO is logged, when it does get logged, the usual cause is a delay in writing the QSO (by the logger, DXKeeper in your case) caused by the logger performing additional actions like lookups or online uploads.

See the "FAQ" section of the help file, "Warning about QSO not logged when it is logged" topic.

This is a simple fix, increase the "Check QSO Log Record" time under the "Miscellaneous -> Performance" section of the Settings window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike Flowers

Thanks, Mike

I’m happy enough with turning them both off.

Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 14:54

If you're seeing the failed message when it works increase the timeout value.

Settings/Manage Settings/Miscellaneous/Performance and bump up the "Check QSO Log Record".

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, July 4, 2019, 04:36:32 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

Thanks for the pointer.

de Mike W9MDB

Thanks!