Topics

locked Loss of Logging to DXKeeper #FT8 #DXLAB

Mark KB7N

Hello;

The auto logging WSJT-X from WSJT-X-JTAlertX to DXLabs DXKeeper does not appear any more. Manual logging into DXKeeper Capture slows things down....

WSJT-X V2.0.1 and JTAlert 2.13.8 are loaded.

Just loaded the newest version of DXKeeper (14.9.8), which did not fix it.

Is this an issue in WSJTX or JTAlertX?

Thank you for your help in the past.

Mark KB7N.

Murf <n7uvh01@...>

Mark...wondering if you run Task Manager how much of your cpu memory is used and cpu usage.
as my log in DxKeeper grew  Jtalert was not able to keep up.. I have used Commander as the cat control in WSJT and also will forward date to Dxkeeper and has no lag.. you might try that setup.    I have 16g of ram and when memory is at 50 percent the JTlert will lag here.   Just what I have seen... might try WSJT and Dxlabs.. I do miss Jtalert... but just to slow now.
good luck

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/06/2019 2:14 am, Murf wrote:
Mark...wondering if you run Task Manager how much of your cpu memory is used and cpu usage.
as my log in DxKeeper grew  Jtalert was not able to keep up.. I have used Commander as the cat control in WSJT and also will forward date to Dxkeeper and has no lag.. you might try that setup.    I have 16g of ram and when memory is at 50 percent the JTlert will lag here.   Just what I have seen... might try WSJT and Dxlabs.. I do miss Jtalert... but just to slow now.
good luck

A more important metric to examine is your CPU usage, rather than memory usage.

What does "JTAlert will lag" mean? What does "Jtalert was not able to keep up" mean?

Neither of those two statements convey any meaningful information that could facilitate diagnoses of your issue.

More information is needed, please describe the symptoms. Is your problem in logging, QSO lookups, Log scanning?

On 25/06/2019 6:19 am, mark.kb7n@... wrote:
The auto logging WSJT-X from WSJT-X-JTAlertX to DXLabs DXKeeper does not appear any more. Manual logging into DXKeeper Capture slows things down....

WSJT-X V2.0.1 and JTAlert 2.13.8 are loaded.

Just loaded the newest version of DXKeeper (14.9.8), which did not fix it.

Is this an issue in WSJTX or JTAlertX?

Thank you for your help in the past.

Mark KB7N
Mark,

JTAlert will only auto-log a QSO to DXKeeper (and the other loggers) when it receives a "QSO Logged" message from WSJT-X and that occurs when you click the "OK" button on the WSJT-X "Log QSO" window. Are you completing the logging action in WSJT-X?

Are you getting any error messages/warnings from JTAlert after logging the QSO in WSJT-X? If so, what are they? If not, than likely JTAlert is not aware that WSJT-X logging has occurred.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mark KB7N

Laurie;

Thank you for your message. You hit my problem, right on the "head".

For some reason I forgot to use the "Log QSO" button.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Mark.