locked JTAlert Settings window will not appear

Mark

I installed JTAlert 2.13.8.  WSJT-X and JTAlert seem to work properly, but can’t get the JTAlert Settings window to display.  I had the same problem with earlier JTAlert versions in this Windows 10 machine.

When I launch settings, the taskbar shows the Red “X” with a blue star a little to the left and below the icon’s center.  When I run the cursor over that icon, I see a small image of the settings window.  I also see the window when I alt-tab to that image.

But I can’t get the settings window to appear on the monitor to enable me to change the settings.

What do you suggest is the problem and the fix?

Tnx & 73,

Mark, K6FG

Michael Black

Right-click the task bar and select "Cascade windows".

Hopefully it will appear...probably off screen for some reason.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, June 20, 2019, 11:40:09 AM CDT, Mark via Groups.Io <m.weiss@...> wrote:

I installed JTAlert 2.13.8.  WSJT-X and JTAlert seem to work properly, but can’t get the JTAlert Settings window to display.  I had the same problem with earlier JTAlert versions in this Windows 10 machine.

When I launch settings, the taskbar shows the Red “X” with a blue star a little to the left and below the icon’s center.  When I run the cursor over that icon, I see a small image of the settings window.  I also see the window when I alt-tab to that image.

But I can’t get the settings window to appear on the monitor to enable me to change the settings.

What do you suggest is the problem and the fix?

Tnx & 73,

Mark, K6FG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/06/2019 10:03 pm, Mark via Groups.Io wrote:

I installed JTAlert 2.13.8.  WSJT-X and JTAlert seem to work properly, but can’t get the JTAlert Settings window to display.  I had the same problem with earlier JTAlert versions in this Windows 10 machine.

When I launch settings, the taskbar shows the Red “X” with a blue star a little to the left and below the icon’s center.  When I run the cursor over that icon, I see a small image of the settings window.  I also see the window when I alt-tab to that image.

But I can’t get the settings window to appear on the monitor to enable me to change the settings.

What do you suggest is the problem and the fix?

Tnx & 73,

Mark, K6FG

Sounds like the Settings window is off screen, a common problem with Windows. Google is your friend for finding a solution.
Just one example... https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/

To avoid upsetting your other Window placements, I use the Keyboard trick (shown in that refernece) rather than the Cascade Windows technique.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mark

Thank you, Laurie.

The keyboard trick cured the problem.