Topics

locked #HRD #HRD

joaquin@...

Hello problem only with the FT4 mode in hdrlog, registration error, but if you register it as MFSK, emn previous version if you registered without error in FT4 What?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/06/2019 5:00 am, joaquin@... wrote:
Hello problem only with the FT4 mode in hdrlog, registration error, but if you register it as MFSK, emn previous version if you registered without error in FT4 What?
OM,

I can't fault FT4 uploads to HRDLog.net, they are working here.

From my tests, HRDLog does not accept the ADIF SUBMODE which needs to be set to "FT4" if you upload the QSO as MODE = "MFSK", HRDLog just ignores the SUBMODE.

How are you uploading to HRDLog.net, is it via JTAlert or are you uploading an ADIF file manually?
JTAlert only uploads to HRDLog.net as MODE=FT4

If you upload as MFSK, when you check the QSO on HRDLog you will note there is no field for SUBMODE only MODE. The MODE field is a dropdown with FT4 as one of the options.

From what I can see, HRDLog only accepts FT4 QSOs when logged with MODE = FT4.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michel

Hi all,

Stop paying for software that is more concerned with cash flow than updates for subscribers.
There are free programs that do the same, if not better, for my part I use Log4OM which is no problem, there is everything yours does, the only difference is that it is free, updates are done when needed.

73 michel

Hello problem only with the FT4 mode in hdrlog, registration error, but if you register it as MFSK, emn previous version if you registered without error in FT4 What?
OM,

I can't fault FT4 uploads to HRDLog.net, they are working here.

From my tests, HRDLog does not accept the ADIF SUBMODE which needs to be set to "FT4" if you upload the QSO as MODE = "MFSK", HRDLog just ignores the SUBMODE.

How are you uploading to HRDLog.net, is it via JTAlert or are you uploading an ADIF file manually?
JTAlert only uploads to HRDLog.net as MODE=FT4

If you upload as MFSK, when you check the QSO on HRDLog you will note there is no field for SUBMODE only MODE. The MODE field is a dropdown with FT4 as one of the options.

From what I can see, HRDLog only accepts FT4 QSOs when logged with MODE = FT4.

de Laurie VK3AMA

chris g7ogx

Yes it is "🤔" but needs donations, as the site reminds you!

Stop paying for software that is more concerned with cash flow than updates for subscribers.
There are free programs that do the same, if not better, for my part I use Log4OM which is no problem, there is everything yours does, the only difference is that it is free, updates are done when needed.

73 michel

Hello problem only with the FT4 mode in hdrlog, registration error, but if you register it as MFSK, emn previous version if you registered without error in FT4 What?
OM,

I can't fault FT4 uploads to HRDLog.net, they are working here.

From my tests, HRDLog does not accept the ADIF SUBMODE which needs to be set to "FT4" if you upload the QSO as MODE = "MFSK", HRDLog just ignores the SUBMODE.

How are you uploading to HRDLog.net, is it via JTAlert or are you uploading an ADIF file manually?
JTAlert only uploads to HRDLog.net as MODE=FT4

If you upload as MFSK, when you check the QSO on HRDLog you will note there is no field for SUBMODE only MODE. The MODE field is a dropdown with FT4 as one of the options.

From what I can see, HRDLog only accepts FT4 QSOs when logged with MODE = FT4.

de Laurie VK3AMA

d_ziolkowski

Try DXLabs. No Donations requested, or accepted.

Dan KC2STA

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 5:02 AM Michel <micheluze@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Stop paying for software that is more concerned with cash flow than updates for subscribers.
There are free programs that do the same, if not better, for my part I use Log4OM which is no problem, there is everything yours does, the only difference is that it is free, updates are done when needed.

73 michel

Hello problem only with the FT4 mode in hdrlog, registration error, but if you register it as MFSK, emn previous version if you registered without error in FT4 What?
OM,

I can't fault FT4 uploads to HRDLog.net, they are working here.

From my tests, HRDLog does not accept the ADIF SUBMODE which needs to be set to "FT4" if you upload the QSO as MODE = "MFSK", HRDLog just ignores the SUBMODE.

How are you uploading to HRDLog.net, is it via JTAlert or are you uploading an ADIF file manually?
JTAlert only uploads to HRDLog.net as MODE=FT4

If you upload as MFSK, when you check the QSO on HRDLog you will note there is no field for SUBMODE only MODE. The MODE field is a dropdown with FT4 as one of the options.

From what I can see, HRDLog only accepts FT4 QSOs when logged with MODE = FT4.

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX

w7psk

Have used DXLabs since its inception. Dave has written a fabulous program and it does everything You could ever want and then some.

He has been asked to allow donations many times and has turned them down.   You wont be disappointed.

Scotty W7PSK

On 6/19/2019 1:59 AM, d_ziolkowski wrote:
Try DXLabs. No Donations requested, or accepted.

Dan KC2STA

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 5:02 AM Michel <micheluze@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Stop paying for software that is more concerned with cash flow than updates for subscribers.
There are free programs that do the same, if not better, for my part I use Log4OM which is no problem, there is everything yours does, the only difference is that it is free, updates are done when needed.

73 michel

Hello problem only with the FT4 mode in hdrlog, registration error, but if you register it as MFSK, emn previous version if you registered without error in FT4 What?
OM,

I can't fault FT4 uploads to HRDLog.net, they are working here.

From my tests, HRDLog does not accept the ADIF SUBMODE which needs to be set to "FT4" if you upload the QSO as MODE = "MFSK", HRDLog just ignores the SUBMODE.

How are you uploading to HRDLog.net, is it via JTAlert or are you uploading an ADIF file manually?
JTAlert only uploads to HRDLog.net as MODE=FT4

If you upload as MFSK, when you check the QSO on HRDLog you will note there is no field for SUBMODE only MODE. The MODE field is a dropdown with FT4 as one of the options.

From what I can see, HRDLog only accepts FT4 QSOs when logged with MODE = FT4.

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX

Frank Kirschner

I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to figure out what was wrong.

Any ideas?

73,
Frank
KF6E

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:40 AM w7psk <w7psk@...> wrote:

[...]

From my tests, HRDLog does not accept the ADIF SUBMODE which needs to be set to "FT4" if you upload the QSO as MODE = "MFSK", HRDLog just ignores the SUBMODE.

How are you uploading to HRDLog.net, is it via JTAlert or are you uploading an ADIF file manually?
JTAlert only uploads to HRDLog.net as MODE=FT4

If you upload as MFSK, when you check the QSO on HRDLog you will note there is no field for SUBMODE only MODE. The MODE field is a dropdown with FT4 as one of the options.

From what I can see, HRDLog only accepts FT4 QSOs when logged with MODE = FT4.

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX

g4wjs

On 19/06/2019 20:39, Frank Kirschner wrote:
I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to figure out what was wrong.

Any ideas?

73,
Frank
KF6E
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Frank Kirschner

Thanks for the link. However, I read the instructions, but couldn't follow them because the program never ran. I can't set up the configuration of a program that doesn't run.

73,
Frank
KF6E

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:14 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
On 19/06/2019 20:39, Frank Kirschner wrote:
> I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I
> downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing
> happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a
> moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to
> figure out what was wrong.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73,
> Frank
> KF6E

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

g4wjs

Hi Frank,

the first thing to note is that it is a suite of programs, not just one. There is plenty of first class help available on the support forum, all questions relevant there and willingly answered - https://groups.io/g/DXLab

On 20/06/2019 01:31, Frank Kirschner wrote:
Thanks for the link. However, I read the instructions, but couldn't follow them because the program never ran. I can't set up the configuration of a program that doesn't run.

73,
Frank
KF6E

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:14 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
On 19/06/2019 20:39, Frank Kirschner wrote:
> I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I
> downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing
> happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a
> moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to
> figure out what was wrong.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73,
> Frank
> KF6E

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Jim Brown

Yes. The logging part of DXLabs is DXKeeper. I've used it since getting back on the air in 2003. Great software, well supported. From their website, start by installing the DXLab Launcher, then click buttons for the parts of the suite you want to use. The launcher will install the ones you've chosen, then install updates for you from the Configure menu.

In that suite, Commander talks to the radio, reads frequency and mode, and can control it. DXView gives beam headings and distance to DX countries, Spot Collector compares cluster spots to your log and alerts you when there's a spot for someone you want to work. WinWarbler is a "wrapper" for MMTTY and 2Tone RTTY programs, and does some other legacy digital modes. I like WW for non-contest RTTY work.

DXKeeper integrates almost automagically with LOTW, eQSL, and ClubLog once you're set up with them.

73, Jim K9YC

73, Jim K9YC

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
Hi Frank,

the first thing to note is that it is a suite of programs, not just one. There is plenty of first class help available on the support forum, all questions relevant there and willingly answered - https://groups.io/g/DXLab

On 20/06/2019 01:31, Frank Kirschner wrote:
Thanks for the link. However, I read the instructions, but couldn't follow them because the program never ran. I can't set up the configuration of a program that doesn't run.

73,
Frank
KF6E

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:14 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
On 19/06/2019 20:39, Frank Kirschner wrote:
> I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I
> downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing
> happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a
> moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to
> figure out what was wrong.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73,
> Frank
> KF6E

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to figure out what was wrong.

Any ideas?

+ Configure your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider each DXLab application to be "safe".

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

Jim Brown

And I forgot to say that it's FREE!

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 8:28 PM Jim Brown via Groups.Io <k9yc01=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes. The logging part of DXLabs is DXKeeper. I've used it since getting back on the air in 2003. Great software, well supported. From their website, start by installing the DXLab Launcher, then click buttons for the parts of the suite you want to use. The launcher will install the ones you've chosen, then install updates for you from the Configure menu.

In that suite, Commander talks to the radio, reads frequency and mode, and can control it. DXView gives beam headings and distance to DX countries, Spot Collector compares cluster spots to your log and alerts you when there's a spot for someone you want to work. WinWarbler is a "wrapper" for MMTTY and 2Tone RTTY programs, and does some other legacy digital modes. I like WW for non-contest RTTY work.

DXKeeper integrates almost automagically with LOTW, eQSL, and ClubLog once you're set up with them.

73, Jim K9YC

73, Jim K9YC

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
Hi Frank,

the first thing to note is that it is a suite of programs, not just one. There is plenty of first class help available on the support forum, all questions relevant there and willingly answered - https://groups.io/g/DXLab

On 20/06/2019 01:31, Frank Kirschner wrote:
Thanks for the link. However, I read the instructions, but couldn't follow them because the program never ran. I can't set up the configuration of a program that doesn't run.

73,
Frank
KF6E

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:14 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
On 19/06/2019 20:39, Frank Kirschner wrote:
> I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I
> downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing
> happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a
> moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to
> figure out what was wrong.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73,
> Frank
> KF6E

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Frank Kirschner

Aha! That may have been the problem. I thought I had the firewall and anti-virus programs under control, but maybe not.

73,
Frank
KF6E