locked Autolt Error

Dale Clark

JTAlert will not run (recent problem as it worked fine up until last couple of days).  I get an Autolt Error:   Line 7677 (Flile "C\tools\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe") Error:  Subscript used on non-accessible variable.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling program with no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dale, W5OG

Michael Black

Try renaming the HamApps directory and let it start again from scratch.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\HamApps

Laurie might be interested in the old directory if this fixes the problem.

de Mike W9MDB

On Monday, May 27, 2019, 3:12:21 PM CDT, Dale Clark <daleclark@...> wrote:

JTAlert will not run (recent problem as it worked fine up until last couple of days).  I get an Autolt Error:   Line 7677 (Flile "C\tools\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe") Error:  Subscript used on non-accessible variable.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling program with no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dale, W5OG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/05/2019 11:19 pm, Dale Clark wrote:
JTAlert will not run (recent problem as it worked fine up until last couple of days).  I get an Autolt Error:   Line 7677 (Flile "C\tools\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe") Error:  Subscript used on non-accessible variable.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling program with no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dale, W5OG

Typically this error is infrequent experienced by only a small number of users. This is the first report of repeated erroring.

As a first step, if your running Win10, perform a Windows Restart.

What is the spec of your PC, CPU type/cores, RAM installed, Windows version?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dale Clark

Restarted windows and still get same issue.  Running Windows 10, 16 bit, version 1809, HP desktop, Intel I7, 3.40GHz, 4 cores and 32 GB ram.

Here is screenshot of the error message:
jtalert error 052719.png

Dale, W5OG

On 29/05/2019 4:36 am, Dale Clark wrote:
Restarted windows and still get same issue.  Running Windows 10, 16 bit, version 1809, HP desktop, Intel I7, 3.40GHz, 4 cores and 32 GB ram.

Here is screenshot of the error message:
jtalert
          error 052719.png

Dale, W5OG

Dale,

Is this the Traditional JTAlert with menus in the title-bar or the Alternate Layout version?

My only thoughts are that there is something significantly wrong within your JTAlert config files or you Virus/Malware protection is severely restricting access to the config files.

If your using Windows Defender, have a look at its Ransomeware setting, specifically the "Controlled folder access". If it is enabled, temporarily turn it off

You can also try renaming the HamApps directory located in your %localappdata% area.
This will be at
%localappdata%\HamApps\
Or the long version,
C:\Users\<Your Windows User Name>\AppData\Local\HamApps

Let me know how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rich McCabe

I have same issue all of a sudden. Have recent windows update but was working after that.

Tried renaming the ham apps directory under users. No help there.

Any other ideas?

Rich

Rich McCabe

Oddly enough I think slicemaster was causing some issue. This is the bridge for Flex.  I deleted the slicemaster user directory and it took right off.

Rich

RICHARD BRESSLER

I am experiencing the same error when I use slicemaster to open jt alert.

Rick

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/06/2019 10:19 pm, RICHARD BRESSLER via Groups.Io wrote:
I am experiencing the same error when I use slicemaster to open jt alert.

Rick
Rick,

If your only using SliceMaster while running JTAlert, than try having JTAlert auto-start SliceMaster. No guarantees, but may be worth a try.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rich McCabe

Laurie, wondering how that would work as Slicemaster is what starts WSJT based on what mode the Flex slice is (typically).

So would you use JTAlert to start WSJT as well?

Rich

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/06/2019 11:22 pm, Rich McCabe wrote:
So would you use JTAlert to start WSJT as well?

Rich
That's how I operate, but I don't use SliceMaster, I don't own a Flex, so there may be unexpected complications.

If you only ever run WSJT-X, SliceMaster and JTAlert at the same time, try having JTAlert auto-start/close both SliceMaster and WSJT-X. simply starting and closing JTAlert will auto-start and close both apps.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rich McCabe

What is odd is slicemaster only configures WSJT. Has nothing to do with JTalert.