locked Expected response

Ed

Hello,

I started this discussion in the WSJT-X group but realize it belongs here. Here's a scenario.

I respond to a CQ by station 1 on frequency 1 but do not get a response and go on to answer another CQ from station 2 on frequency 2. Station 1 responds to my call on frequency 2 with a signal report. Within JTALERTX I double click on highlighted station 1. While my receive frequency switches to frequency 1 transmit frequency remains at Frequency 2. TX ENABLE is not activated.

Is this operating as designed? I would've expected TX ENABLE to be automatically enabled, transmit frequency set to frequency 2. and my signal report sent.

Thank you,

Ed Machak

Michael Black

Transmit is only enabled on CQ messages from JT-Alert or double-click in WSJT-X.

I'd like to see where it does enable transmit when your own call is in the message.  Would have to ask for that on the WSJT-X list.

de Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 3:33:45 PM CDT, Ed <pwp1@...> wrote:

Hello,

I started this discussion in the WSJT-X group but realize it belongs here. Here's a scenario.

I respond to a CQ by station 1 on frequency 1 but do not get a response and go on to answer another CQ from station 2 on frequency 2. Station 1 responds to my call on frequency 2 with a signal report. Within JTALERTX I double click on highlighted station 1. While my receive frequency switches to frequency 1 transmit frequency remains at Frequency 2. TX ENABLE is not activated.

Is this operating as designed? I would've expected TX ENABLE to be automatically enabled, transmit frequency set to frequency 2. and my signal report sent.

Thank you,

Ed Machak

K2EK Bill

Ed
I do not have this problem since I always have "hold frequency" checked.

I started this discussion in the WSJT-X group but realize it belongs here. Here's a scenario.

I respond to a CQ by station 1 on frequency 1 but do not get a response and go on to answer another CQ from station 2 on frequency 2. Station 1 responds to my call on frequency 2 with a signal report. Within JTALERTX I double click on highlighted station 1. While my receive frequency switches to frequency 1 transmit frequency remains at Frequency 2. TX ENABLE is not activated.

Is this operating as designed? I would've expected TX ENABLE to be automatically enabled, transmit frequency set to frequency 2. and my signal report sent.

Thank you,

Ed Machak

Gary - K7EK

Ed,

I concur with your statement. I too always have Hold Transmit Frequency checked. It is the only way I operate. I hate when stations insist on calling on my frequency, especially when there's more than one. It's an unnecessary mess.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Radcliff, KY (EM77at)

Sent from BlueMail