Topics

locked No audio codec

roamer

No longer show the audio codec my sound system. I have reinstalled the driver but it still wasn't there. What do I do now?

de K7NO - Dean, Mesa, AZ

Michael Black

Try uninstalling all audio devices.  In the device manager ensure you select View/Show hidden devices.  And remove those too.

Then reboot and let the system reinstall them all.  Sometimes this works.

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, May 18, 2019, 12:21:10 PM CDT, roamer <roamer@...> wrote:

No longer show the audio codec my sound system. I have reinstalled the driver but it still wasn't there. What do I do now?

de K7NO - Dean, Mesa, AZ

roamer

I did as you suggested but no joy.  Where do the Codecs come from?

Try uninstalling all audio devices.  In the device manager ensure you select View/Show hidden devices.  And remove those too.

Then reboot and let the system reinstall them all.  Sometimes this works.

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, May 18, 2019, 12:21:10 PM CDT, roamer <roamer@...> wrote:

No longer show the audio codec my sound system. I have reinstalled the driver but it still wasn't there. What do I do now?

de K7NO - Dean, Mesa, AZ

Michael Black

This has happened to a few people and we've never been able to figure out why.  Something gets corrupted in the registry presumably.

Have you tried doing a system restore to a previous date?

The only other suggestion is to install another audio driver like virtual audio cable and see if your devices reappear.  If not then uninstall virtual audio cable and look again.

The only other solution we know of is resetting Windows completely but you'll lose everything but personal files.

Mike

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 8:51:42 PM CDT, roamer <roamer@...> wrote:

I did as you suggested but no joy.  Where do the Codecs come from?

Try uninstalling all audio devices.  In the device manager ensure you select View/Show hidden devices.  And remove those too.

Then reboot and let the system reinstall them all.  Sometimes this works.

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, May 18, 2019, 12:21:10 PM CDT, roamer <roamer@...> wrote:

No longer show the audio codec my sound system. I have reinstalled the driver but it still wasn't there. What do I do now?

de K7NO - Dean, Mesa, AZ

Dave Garber

you did not mention what radio you are using.  my ts590sg audio codecs will not show up unless the power is on on my PSU.   the radio need not be on

but they do come from the radio, or from you sound card device if it is designed that way

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE