Topics

locked N3FJP/JTAlert/WSJT-X

Dave NT9E

JTAlert is not populating the Local PC Configuration with the N3FJP log.mdb address when starting up JTAlert 2.13.4

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/05/2019 4:07 pm, Dave NT9E wrote:
JTAlert is not populating the Local PC Configuration with the N3FJP log.mdb address when starting up JTAlert 2.13.4

Provided you have ACLog installed, the settings file JTAlert is looking for should be there.

Paste this (without the quotes) "%userprofile%\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\ACLog" into Windows File Explorer, it should take you to the where the Settings.xml is located.

If you can see the file, than the only explanation I have is that you are running ACLog with elevated privileges, "Run As Administrator", in which case Windows would prevent JTAlert from reading the file. If you are running ACLog elevated, the question is why, there is never any need to do that.

Let us know how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave NT9E

I don't use ACLog. I am using N3FJP Field Day program. Do I need to install ACLog as well?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/05/2019 2:43 am, Dave NT9E wrote:
I don't use ACLog. I am using N3FJP Field Day program. Do I need to install ACLog as well?
No you don't need to install ACLog if you only want to use the FD Contest Log.
The image you provided was for the ACLog specific settings.

There should be a dedicated section in the Help File (Tutorials section)  on setting up the supported N3FJP Contest Logs, but yesterday I discovered that some time in the past it went missing and now returns an error page. That is corrected for the next release (this weekend sometime).

What is missing from the Help File (some formatting has be lost in the copy/paste)...

Important:

  • Requires WSJT-X 2.0.0 or later (NOT 2.0.0 -rc versions).
  • Requires JTAlert 2.12.10 or later.
  • Supports N3FJP RTTY Contest Log (3.6 or later), VHF Contest Log (6.2 or later) and Field Day Contest Log (6.0 or later, NOT Winter FD).
  • Use the JTAlert Settings, Logging -> ACLog section.

The JTAlert title-bar status text displays the current special operation mode of WSJT-X and the N3FJP Contest Log enabled.

WSJT-X Special Operation Mode.

[RU]

ARRL RTTY Roundup

[FD]

ARRL Field Day Contest

[VHF]

NA VHF Contest

N3FJP Contest Log

RRCL

ARRL RTTY Roundup Contest Log

FDCL

ARRL Field Day Contest Log

VCL

VHF Contest Log

JTAlert Setup:

·Uses the ACLog logging settings, "Logging -> ACLog" section.

·Enable ACLog logging (top right of section).

·Select "Remote Network PC" radio button.

·Enter the IPv4 address of the PC running the N3FJP Contest Log. This will typically be 127.0.0.1 for the local PC running both JTAlert and the Contest Log.

·Enter the TCP Port used by the N3FJP Contest Log API. Typically, 1100. See the Contest Log "Settings -> Application Programming Interface (API)" menu.

·Select the log file used by the N3FJP Contest Log. Typically the file is located in a sub-directory under %userprofile%\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\

·Select the N3FJP Contest Log type being used.

WSJT-X Setup:

·Enable the Special operating mode via the "File -> Settings" menu.
NOTE: Only ARRL RTTY Roundup, NA VHF Contest and ARRL Field Day are supported.

Important:

When running WSJT-X 2.0.0, use Tab 1 during the contest.

This will ensure that WSJT-X correctly fills in the exchange fields of the Log QSO window.

N3FJP RTTY Contest Log Setup:

·Application Programming Interface (API) must be enabled and the Logger must be running.

·Enable the API via the "Settings -> Application Programming Interface (API)" menu.