locked FT4

Neil <n4fn.neil@...>

I have downloaded the new version of JTAlert (.4) and I have only listened to FT4 and not tried to TX. I notice a periodic tone  happening and wonder if this is generated by JTAlert or is it from WSJT-X? I never had that before
Thanks Laurie for a great program addition and support
Neil   N4FN

neil_zampella

What band ?? If you're talking 40 meters early evening, that's because the frequency being used is near the ARRL's W1AW CW code broadcasts.   Didn't realize how close they were when they chose it.

Problem is finding a 40m area that's available.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil Foster

Hello Neil
Glad to see we both spell our name correctly!
No it was on 20 meters

Neil    N4FN

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/05/2019 9:32 am, Neil wrote:
I have downloaded the new version of JTAlert (.4) and I have only listened to FT4 and not tried to TX. I notice a periodic tone  happening and wonder if this is generated by JTAlert or is it from WSJT-X? I never had that before
Thanks Laurie for a great program addition and support
Neil   N4FN
The easiest way to test if it is JTAlert generated audio is turn mute the sound in JTAlert. Repeatedly click the "Sound ..." menu in the title bar until it says "Sound OFF". If the tone persists it is not coming from JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Neil Foster

Now that makes sense Laurie....sometimes the simple things are obvious and we just do not see it.
Thanks
Neil   N4FN

davidg7hjx@...

I hear them too, I think its coming from WSJT-X, I hear it using FT4 with or without JTAlert.