Topics

locked FT4 Decodes History Widow v0.1.5

David Ross

The Decodes History window is not populating.

David  VA3MJR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/04/2019 9:18 am, David Ross wrote:
The Decodes History window is not populating.

David  VA3MJR

That's to be expected.

I have never released a JTAlert build that supported FT4 and its new 6 sec T/R period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Ross

Thanks Laurie for everything.

As a note JTAlert 2.13.3 is showing the worked B4 and logs stations worked to both MixW and the wsjtx log file ok.

Keep up the good work.

David  VA3MJR

On 30/04/2019 9:18 am, David Ross wrote:
The Decodes History window is not populating.

David VA3MJR

That's to be expected.

I have never released a JTAlert build that supported FT4 and its new 6 sec T/R period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Hi Laurie,
I understand about not supporting full functioning of JTA for JT4 mode.

I do hope that you will retain what does work...in terms of logging. It does seem to be logging to QRZ as it should, although when I went to my QRZ log book later, I did get a refused connection...I'm hoping it is just a coincidence.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 6:50 PM David Ross <drossm@...> wrote:

Thanks Laurie for everything.

As a note JTAlert 2.13.3 is showing the worked B4 and logs stations worked to both MixW and the wsjtx log file ok.

Keep up the good work.

David  VA3MJR

On 30/04/2019 9:18 am, David Ross wrote:
The Decodes History window is not populating.

David VA3MJR

That's to be expected.

I have never released a JTAlert build that supported FT4 and its new 6 sec T/R period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michel

Hi Hassan ,

it is normal that FT4 is refused for moment it is not an official mode ADIF,the adifdev Team is debating the integration of FT4 for the moment it is necessary to wait.

73 Michel

On 30/04/2019 9:18 am, David Ross wrote:
The Decodes History window is not populating.

David VA3MJR

That's to be expected.

I have never released a JTAlert build that supported FT4 and its new 6 sec T/R period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hasan Schiers N0AN

You may have misread my comment. I'm not asking Laurie to support FT4 itself at all. I just hoped nothing is done to prevent logging to various programs or services like QRZ.com

I'm not sure why QRZ.com would stop me from even going to my log page, just because a reported mode is not supported in their system.

I am being refused a connection to even go to my log page from the main QRZ menu. My guess is that it is purely coincidental, but we will see.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:41 AM Michel <micheluze@...> wrote:
Hi Hassan ,

it is normal that FT4 is refused for moment it is not an official mode ADIF,the adifdev Team is debating the integration of FT4 for the moment it is necessary to wait.

73 Michel

On 30/04/2019 9:18 am, David Ross wrote:
The Decodes History window is not populating.

David VA3MJR

That's to be expected.

I have never released a JTAlert build that supported FT4 and its new 6 sec T/R period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michel

Hi hassan,
Sorry for misread your comment, seems a problem with QRZ.com because me also i can access to my log.

73 Michel

On 30/04/2019 9:18 am, David Ross wrote:
The Decodes History window is not populating.

David VA3MJR

That's to be expected.

I have never released a JTAlert build that supported FT4 and its new 6 sec T/R period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim N6VH

Hasan,

The log pages on QRZ seem to be off-line at the moment. I can't access mine either, and I have not operated FT-4.

73,

Jim N6VH

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:41 AM Michel <@F1ABL <mailto:@F1ABL>> wrote:
Hi Hassan ,
it is normal that FT4 is refused for moment it is not an official
mode ADIF,the adifdev Team is debating the integration of FT4 for
the moment it is necessary to wait.
73 Michel

On 30/04/2019 9:18 am, David Ross wrote:
The Decodes History window is not populating.

David VA3MJR
That's to be expected.

I have never released a JTAlert build that supported FT4 and
its new 6 sec T/R period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Willi Passmann

Am 30.04.2019 um 20:11 schrieb Jim N6VH:
The log pages on QRZ seem to be off-line at the moment.
Yes. qrz.com works but logbook.qrz.com was off most of the day.

OK again at 19:05 UTC.

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ

Hasan Schiers N0AN

QRZ log is back. I also got a message from them that it was system wide, so my theory that it was just a coincidence was correct.

FT4 and JTA continue to cooperate for logging just fine. I don't think there is any way to make FT4 and JTA work as FT8 and JTA did. The turn-around is so fast that real time use is impractical, at least it seems so for me.

I'm very happy the logging works (to QRZ) as all the other modes do.

Let's not throw the baby out with the  bath water. JTA's log support is incredibly handy and saves a lot of work. If it does nothing else with FT4, I'm perfectly happy.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 1:11 PM Jim N6VH <jpreston1@...> wrote:
Hasan,

The log pages on QRZ seem to be off-line at the moment. I can't access
mine either, and I have not operated FT-4.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 4/30/2019 7:45 AM, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
> You may have misread my comment. I'm not asking Laurie to support FT4
> itself at all. I just hoped nothing is done to prevent logging to
> various programs or services like QRZ.com
>
> I'm not sure why QRZ.com would stop me from even going to my log page,
> just because a reported mode is not supported in their system.
>
> I am being refused a connection to even go to my log page from the main
> QRZ menu. My guess is that it is purely coincidental, but we will see.
> 73, N0AN
> Hasan
>

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:41 AM Michel <micheluze@...
> <mailto:micheluze@...>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Hassan ,
>
>     it is normal that FT4 is refused for moment it is not an official
>     mode ADIF,the adifdev Team is debating the integration of FT4 for
>     the moment it is necessary to wait.
>
>     73 Michel
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     *De :* Support@HamApps.groups.io <mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io>
>     <Support@HamApps.groups.io <mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io>> de la
>     part de Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/05/2019 12:34 am, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
I do hope that you will retain what does work

I will. Except for some exceptional situations, I have always tried to retrain existing functionality within JTAlert as it is extended.
The existing FT4 logging will remain. There will be further JTAlert changes to accommodate FT4, whether they include full alerting (by Band/Mode) like FT8/JT65/JT9 is unknown at this time.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Thanks so much, Laurie
73, N0AN