locked ft8 questions #FT8

rcbaker@...

I  have ft8 up and running but feel that there are some thigs that I do not understand , such as how to contact dx stations when they are in the band activity section. There must be some combination of key clicks or procedures  in order to reach the dx station.

Michael Black

I guess you're referring to JTAlert, right?  All you need to do is click on the call slot of the station you want to QSO with.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 6:41:44 PM CDT, <rcbaker@...> wrote:

I  have ft8 up and running but feel that there are some thigs that I do not understand , such as how to contact dx stations when they are in the band activity section. There must be some combination of key clicks or procedures  in order to reach the dx station.

Mike Flowers

Check this out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlIA_utAJfs

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Apr 18, 2019, at 1:41 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

I guess you're referring to JTAlert, right?  All you need to do is click on the call slot of the station you want to QSO with.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 6:41:44 PM CDT, <rcbaker@...> wrote:

I  have ft8 up and running but feel that there are some thigs that I do not understand , such as how to contact dx stations when they are in the band activity section. There must be some combination of key clicks or procedures  in order to reach the dx station.

rcbaker@...

Tnx for the reply Mike.
My question referred to FT 8,
I do not know the proper way to click on a dx station that is in band activity section.
Bob

Michael Black

#1 In WSJT-X check "Hold Tx Freq"
#2 Move your transmit offset to an open spot on the waterfall -- you can shift-click on a spot on the waterfall to do that
#3 You can then single-click anything in the call slots in JTAlert or you can double-click any message in WSJT-X's band activity.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, April 18, 2019, 2:02:00 PM CDT, <rcbaker@...> wrote:

Tnx for the reply Mike.
My question referred to FT 8,
I do not know the proper way to click on a dx station that is in band activity section.
Bob

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

double-click

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/18/2019 3:01 PM, rcbaker@... wrote:

Tnx for the reply Mike.
My question referred to FT 8,
I do not know the proper way to click on a dx station that is in band activity section.
Bob

Jim Brown

Have you considered reading the manual for WSJT-X?  It's all there.

73, Jim K9YC

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:02 PM <rcbaker@...> wrote:
Tnx for the reply Mike.
My question referred to FT 8,
I do not know the proper way to click on a dx station that is in band activity section.
Bob

rcbaker@...

Tnx guys for help. I have read the manual several times and will do so again . I still have issues but will keep at it.

FT8 is a lot of fun and I will try ALERT soon.

Bob, KX7F

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Bernd - KB7AK

It is pretty straight forward, you position your cursor on a row in the band activity window, you should select the row that has the call sign in it that you wish to make contact with. Once you double clicked on a row, and your cycle comes up (15 seconds increments, WSJT will start sending, the Enable Tx button will become red and you should see a red highlighted bar in the left hand and in the right hand window. After that, will have to wait for the other station to respond to your call.

Roert Baker <rcbaker@...>

Tnx Bernd.

I have been doing  that and with success.

However, let me give you an idea as to what I would like to achieve with the following:

1]  I spot a dx station that  I want. It appears like this:

UR5F   Ki1RT  DN81. I click K1RT station on this line hoping to get the UR5FR station but end up with  the K1RT station

This happens when I try after their 73 [tail ending]. In any case, I usually

always want the first rather than the second station in the above.

Thanks for your help Bernd.