locked Title Bar

William "Brad" Rich <wbradrich@...>

Does my title bar indicate any setup problems?

Brad
N6GR

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/03/2019 8:29 am, William "Brad" Rich via Groups.Io wrote:
Does my title bar indicate any setup problems?

Brad
N6GR

Looks OK to me. What makes you think there is a problem?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Neil <n4fn.neil@...>

Lawrie,
I only see the top half of the title bar. How does one display the section showing the F6 call and the other info on the bottom half?
Many thanks
Neil   N4FN

Michael Black

View/Show Log Fields

de Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 10:15:04 AM CDT, Neil <n4fn.neil@...> wrote:

Lawrie,
I only see the top half of the title bar. How does one display the section showing the F6 call and the other info on the bottom half?
Many thanks
Neil   N4FN

Neil Foster

Thanks Mike
Neil   N4FN

Neil <n4fn.neil@...>

Well...I followed Michael's suggestion, but I can not check off the box . In fact I was unable to make any changes??
Neil   N4FN

William "Brad" Rich <wbradrich@...>

I did not understand the special charactors, -, F, #, 1.

Brad

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/03/2019 1:43 am, William "Brad" Rich via Groups.Io wrote:
I did not understand the special charactors, -, F, #, 1.

Brad
"~", not "-" is the TX mode as currently set in WSJT-X, "~" = FT8,
"#1" = first instance of JTAlert,
"F" = you have some Alert Filtering enabled.

de Laurie VK3AMA

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/03/2019 1:14 am, Neil wrote:
Well...I followed Michael's suggestion, but I can not check off the box . In fact I was unable to make any changes??
Neil   N4FN

What checkbox? There are many, what setting are you trying to change?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Neil <n4fn.neil@...>

Good day Laurie,
Thanks for the response....
Under view there is a heading   Show Confirmed Bands,,, when I click a pop up appears to the right that is grayed out..Enabled has a check mark..and there is a bullet in Callsign.
I can not make any changes.   I was hoping for a display like the on Brad  N6GR  showed at the beginning of the thread.
I am using 2.13.2
Many thanks
Neil  N4FN

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/03/2019 11:21 pm, Neil wrote:
Good day Laurie,
Thanks for the response....
Under view there is a heading   Show Confirmed Bands,,, when I click a pop up appears to the right that is grayed out..Enabled has a check mark..and there is a bullet in Callsign.
I can not make any changes.   I was hoping for a display like the on Brad  N6GR  showed at the beginning of the thread.
I am using 2.13.2
Many thanks
Neil  N4FN
Neil,

For the Confirmed/Worked Bands display to be populated a log lookup has to be performed (several actually). If your running without a logger enabled in JTAlert ("NO Log" shown in the titlebar), that display is deliberately disabled as there is not data available for JTAlert to examine.

Are you running JTAlert without an enabled logger?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Neil <n4fn.neil@...>

AHA  it appears so. But that is confusing since I use Ham Radio Deluxe and log into it whenever the pop up appears to log the contact. I really appreciate your program, it is great and the support is absolutely FIRST CLASS..
Neil   N4FN

Michael Black

Does your title bar show "HRD" ??

de Mike W9MDB

On Friday, March 29, 2019, 6:27:45 AM CDT, Neil <n4fn.neil@...> wrote:

AHA  it appears so. But that is confusing since I use Ham Radio Deluxe and log into it whenever the pop up appears to log the contact. I really appreciate your program, it is great and the support is absolutely FIRST CLASS..
Neil   N4FN

Neil Foster

Hi Mike
It does not...should it?

Many thanks for helpful hints to all.
Neil   N4FN

Michael Black

Yes...that means your HRD setup is not complete....

Mike

On Saturday, March 30, 2019, 6:53:24 AM CDT, Neil Foster <archernf@...> wrote:

Hi Mike
It does not...should it?

Many thanks for helpful hints to all.
Neil   N4FN

Tom Melvin

Neil

It could be you are logging direct from WSJT-X to HRD - this by-passes JTAlert.

If this is the case switch off the link HRD - WSJT-X and Enable HRD as the logger in JTAlert.

Tom
--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 30 Mar 2019, at 13:05, Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Yes...that means your HRD setup is not complete....

Mike

On Saturday, March 30, 2019, 6:53:24 AM CDT, Neil Foster <archernf@...> wrote:

Hi Mike
It does not...should it?

Many thanks for helpful hints to all.
Neil   N4FN

Neil <n4fn.neil@...>

Tom
Thanks, I enabled HRD ver 6 as the logger in JT Alert but could not figure out how to turn it off in WSJT?? . When I enabled HRD in JT Alert and logged in a contact I received multiple entries??
Thanks for your courtesy and patience with an old guy!
73 es gud dx
Neil   N4FN

Tom Melvin

Hi Neil

Ok that answers the question if you get the QSO logged twice - it explains initial problem

However, I used HDR 5 before moving to Log4OM and HRD v5 never had that option so I am not sure how it’s set.

I believe there was a support video on the HRD site that showed how to do it - if no-one jumps in here with how to do it you could look at the video and ‘Reverse it’

Tom

--
73’s

Tom