Topics

locked Lost double click ability

James Fowler

I have been using JTalert for a while but some
Where down the line I lost my ability to double click on cq’ing stations I should mention I’m using jtdx with JTalert jtdx ver.

So right now I do have it docked to bottom and have tried the double click or even single click to focus and single click as well as I have read else where in the group message history and I’m a bit out of ideas as any of the old messages where for prior versions that have had menu changes

Is double click on call been disabled in later versions of JTalert ?

-James / ve6btc

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/03/2019 11:46 am, James Fowler wrote:
I have been using JTalert for a while but some
Where down the line I lost my ability to double click on cq’ing stations I should mention I’m using jtdx with JTalert jtdx ver.

So right now I do have it docked to bottom and have tried the double click or even single click to focus and single click as well as I have read else where in the group message history and I’m a bit out of ideas as any of the old messages where for prior versions that have had menu changes

Is double click on call been disabled in later versions of JTalert ?

-James / ve6btc
Double-clicking was replaced with single-clicking starting with version 2.11.4 (18-JUN-2018)

The double-click detection was always problematic for some people. The code used to detect the double-click was a bit of a hack since the compiler for used by JTAlert didn't natively support double-click events (only single-click) for the controls that displayed the Callsigns. Some people were still able to use double-clicks because their clicks were slow enough that JTAlert detected them a two single clicks.

If your using the Decodes History of JTAlert, it supports the single-click very reliably.

de Laurie VK3AMA

James Fowler

Yes this was my understand as well if I’m not mistaken JTalert is written with AutoIT the problem however I’m having is no matter if it’s single click or double click or any click at all on a CQ’ing station I get no results / response I still have decided and b4s loading normally as they should just not the functionality of the single click on a cq station

-James / ve6btc

On 25/03/2019 3:10 pm, James Fowler wrote:
Yes this was my understand as well if I’m not mistaken JTalert is written with AutoIT the problem however I’m having is no matter if it’s single click or double click or any click at all on a CQ’ing station I get no results / response I still have decided and b4s loading normally as they should just not the functionality of the single click on a cq station

-James / ve6btc
James,

Try this, single click the JTAlert window to make it active, then try a single click on a callsign, does that work. My thinking is that the single-click may be getting eaten by activating the window.

Also the Decodes History, the single click appears to be 100% reliable (as I have received no complaints). If you don't want to see all the columns of the window, you can reduce it to its bar minimum, single Callsign column.

On 25/03/2019 3:17 pm, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via Groups.Io wrote:
Also the Decodes History, the single click appears to be 100% reliable (as I have received no complaints). If you don't want to see all the columns of the window, you can reduce it to its bar minimum, single Callsign column.

de Laurie VK3AMA
For the curious, this is how I frequently run the Decodes History when I'm just interested in answering CQ's. I have the CQ column visible so I can see if a local is calling DX so I can avoid calling them. I save this as a dedicated layout that can be recalled at any time. I also have the CQ only and hide B4 filters engaged to reduce the number of displayed callsigns to one or two per period (typically).

de Laurie VK3AMA

James Fowler

Nope sorry a single click to focus JTalert followed by a single click on a cq’ing call sign does not work with jtdx

As for call sign history if I enable this in settings>window>decodes history should a new window be appearing ? I’m afraid I’m not sure where I’m spouses to see this decodes history

Cheers,
James

On Mar 24, 2019, at 10:17 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

[...]

View/Decodes History Window