Topics

locked JTAlert scan of DXKeeper log running forever #DXLAB


Joseph Barger
 

Running Win 10 Pro build 1809, JTAlertX 2.13.1, DXKeeper 14.8.5 and WSJT-X 2.0.1.  When I try to run a "scan log and rebuild" it just keeps reading records without end.  I have around 6000 QSOs and I stopped (i.e. killed the process) after it read 25,000 records and was still going.  Also, the homeQTH selections are empty even though according to DXKeeper they are all set to my call (N6KK).  Logging and upload to LotW seem to work fine.

Scanning worked fine a few versions ago (of both JTAlert and DXKeeper - sorry I don't remember which versions).  Perhaps DXKeeper has made a change to the log format?

Thanks and a great program!

Joe N6KK


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 17/03/2019 9:51 am, Joseph Barger wrote:
Running Win 10 Pro build 1809, JTAlertX 2.13.1, DXKeeper 14.8.5 and WSJT-X 2.0.1.  When I try to run a "scan log and rebuild" it just keeps reading records without end.  I have around 6000 QSOs and I stopped (i.e. killed the process) after it read 25,000 records and was still going.  Also, the homeQTH selections are empty even though according to DXKeeper they are all set to my call (N6KK).  Logging and upload to LotW seem to work fine.

Scanning worked fine a few versions ago (of both JTAlert and DXKeeper - sorry I don't remember which versions).  Perhaps DXKeeper has made a change to the log format?

Thanks and a great program!

Joe N6KK
Joe,

Something is not right, obviously ;)

The Scan function initially reads the number of records in the log database and uses that count to display the progress.

   

Some questions...
  • What is the count of the number Records shown in your DXKeeper import?
  • Does the Record count match the count of records in your Log (the ~6000)?
  • Does the first increasing number (the progress) go beyond the Total Records number?

Please post a screen-capture of the Scan Log window during the import process (similar to the above).

de Laurie VK3AMA


Joseph Barger
 

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  As can be seen in the screen capture, the count of the number of Records is missing and the "Loading: XXXXXX of (blank) Records just keeps going and the progress bar stays stuck as you see it.  It appears JTAlert isn't reading the number of log records (or the homeQTH) accurately.  Weird, since normal logging appears to be working fine.

I also tried JTAlert 2.12.10, restarted the computer and brought everything back up but it made no difference.




Thanks again and I appreciate that you're looking into this.

Joe N6KK


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 17/03/2019 12:21 pm, Joseph Barger wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply.  As can be seen in the screen capture, the count of the number of Records is missing and the "Loading: XXXXXX of (blank) Records just keeps going and the progress bar stays stuck as you see it.  It appears JTAlert isn't reading the number of log records (or the homeQTH) accurately.  Weird, since normal logging appears to be working fine.

I also tried JTAlert 2.12.10, restarted the computer and brought everything back up but it made no difference.




Thanks again and I appreciate that you're looking into this.

Joe N6KK
Joe,

This is the first time I have seen this, no total records count. It explains the importing for ever, but it is not obvious at this time why the import is not failing due to a bad record count. I'll do some code debugging after I get your files.

I will need to examine your JTAlert files and your DXKeeper log file.
Please do the following...
  • Use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.
  • Stop JTAlert and close any DXLab modules, especially DXKeeper.
  • Locate your DXKeeper log file and zip it up.
  • Either email me your zipped log file or put it on DropBox or similar and email me the link. DON'T send the file of the link to this group, send to me direct.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Joseph Barger
 

Hi Laurie,

I followed you suggestion and moved my log file to a different folder (on a different drive and non-dropbox) and all appears to be well.  I don't know what happened between versions since it worked fine before, but between forced Win 10 and virus scanner configuration changes I suspect something that may have had something to do with it.

Thanks again for your prompt response and insightful advice.

Joe N6KK