Topics

locked JTAlertX 2.13.0 Update #FT8 #JTDX

Bob Davet

Weird issue here.
I upgraded today. Using JTDX and JTAlertX. Everything was seemingly working fine. Click on a call sign in JTAlertX and it triggered JTDX. Logged fine. Then clicked on a call sign and it triggered JTDX. The call sign did not come back to me right away  so JTDX kept calling. The call sign went into a QSO with another call. JTDX kicked the Enable TX out which it should. I waited for him or any other call sign to click on. Could not get JTAlertX to activate JTDX anymore. I could click on the callsign in JTDX and it functioned fine. JTAlertX was still showing call signs as it should but I couldnt get it to activate JTDX.
I closed JTDX and JTAlertX. Restarted them. That seemed to clear the problem or so I thought. Same issue started up again with another contact.
So I closed the programs again. Restarted them. Problem remained from the beginning this time.
Restarted the computer. Everything cleared and worked. Then it happened again.
Closed program and restarted. Cleared the problem. A little while later it was back.

Reinstalled JTAlertX 2.12.10.

So far that problem has not reappeared.
I don't even know where to start to figure this one out. Very random.

Bob
W8RID

Ed Wilson

I experienced a similar problem when using JTDX 2.0.2 rc133_2...went back to JTAlert 2.12.10 and things seem to be working fine.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Saturday, March 9, 2019, 9:13:00 AM EST, Bob Davet <davet354tfd@...> wrote:

[...]

Whoops...I was using JTDX 2.0.1 rc133_2. Sorry!

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Saturday, March 9, 2019, 9:20:33 AM EST, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/03/2019 1:12 am, Bob Davet wrote:
[...]

Bob,

Try 2.13.0 again, but this time go into the JTAlert Settings and turn off Callsign Coloring. "Applications -> WSJT-X" section of the Settings window.

Let me know if that corrects the JTDX behaviour.

On 10/03/2019 1:20 am, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io wrote:
I experienced a similar problem when using JTDX 2.0.2 rc133_2...went back to JTAlert 2.12.10 and things seem to be working fine.

Ed, K0KC
Ed,

Try 2.13.0 again.
See this message... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/23581

Let me know if this corrects the JTDX problems you experienced.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I will have to give that a try tomorrow my time...I will let you know.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Saturday, March 9, 2019, 2:53:25 PM EST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 10/03/2019 1:20 am, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io wrote:
I experienced a similar problem when using JTDX 2.0.2 rc133_2...went back to JTAlert 2.12.10 and things seem to be working fine.

Ed, K0KC
Ed,

Try 2.13.0 again.
See this message... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/23581

Let me know if this corrects the JTDX problems you experienced.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I did find a few minutes to check out the suggestion in the link below and it seemed to take care of the problem...thanks!

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Saturday, March 9, 2019, 4:15:48 PM EST, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

Laurie,

I will have to give that a try tomorrow my time...I will let you know.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Saturday, March 9, 2019, 2:53:25 PM EST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 10/03/2019 1:20 am, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io wrote:
I experienced a similar problem when using JTDX 2.0.2 rc133_2...went back to JTAlert 2.12.10 and things seem to be working fine.

Ed, K0KC
Ed,

Try 2.13.0 again.
See this message... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/23581

Let me know if this corrects the JTDX problems you experienced.

de Laurie VK3AMA

BOBBY E Chandler

Same problem with WSJTX. Back to prior JTAlert version and all OK.

Bobby/N4AU

--

  Bobby Chandler
bobbye@...

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/03/2019 12:12 pm, BOBBY E Chandler wrote:

Same problem with WSJTX. Back to prior JTAlert version and all OK.

Bobby/N4AU

What problem is that?

Are you referring to the problem reported by JTDX users? I can't see how that would be the case as their problem is related to how JTDX is coded internally.

Does this help...
https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/23581

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bob Davet

Laurie:

Just installed 2.13.0 and made the change. So far it has corrected the issue. I will give it a better workout later today and tomorrow and if anything comes up I will let you know.

Thanks

Bob
W8RID

BOBBY E Chandler

Laurie, what I meant was the problem of clicking a call in JTAlert would work the first time and sometimes the second, but after that it would not enable the transmit. After a restart, it would work a one or two times but then not transmitting. I am running WSJTX on Windows 10. Hope this clears it up.

Bobby/N4AU

--

  Bobby Chandler
bobbye@...

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/03/2019 10:25 pm, BOBBY E Chandler wrote:

Laurie, what I meant was the problem of clicking a call in JTAlert would work the first time and sometimes the second, but after that it would not enable the transmit. After a restart, it would work a one or two times but then not transmitting. I am running WSJTX on Windows 10. Hope this clears it up.

Bobby/N4AU

Bobby,

JTAlert doesn't control whether WSJT-X initiates Transmission, that is controlled by WSJT-X itself. Unless there have been any changes I am unaware of, WSJT-X will only activate TX if the decode was a CQ.

JTAlert will send the necessary directive, regardless of decode type (CQ or not), to WSJT-X by a single-click on a Callsign either in the main JTAlert window or the Decodes History window (ver 2.13.0+ only).

The easiest way to tell if WSJT-X is receiving the UDP "Reply" directive from JTAlert is to observe the DX Call field, it will change to the Callsign clicked in JTAlert.

When WSJT-X is not going to Transmit as you expect, is the DX Call changing?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Philip

Fixed it for me.
Philip G7JUR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/03/2019 10:14 am, Philip wrote:
Fixed it for me.
Philip G7JUR
Philip,
Thanks for the confirmation that setting change was the fix.
I received about 6 other similar reports, so I am confident that is the answer.

The next JTAlert release, currently with the Beta team, includes a change to prevent sending the WSJT-X callsign highlighting UDP instruction to JTDX regardless of the JTAlert setting.

de Laurie VK3AMA