locked 2 meter wanted grid bug?

John P

Just rebuilt the alerts database after confirming a few new VHF grids today. I use DxKeeper for logging. When I look at confirmed 2 meter grids, ones that I've worked via the satellites are being included. In DxKeeper, the "Mode" for satellite contacts is "SAT" and these should not be included in the 2 meter count. There actually should be a separate "Wanted Grid" page for satellite contacts.
--
John P.
WA2FZW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/08/2021 4:21 am, John P wrote:
Just rebuilt the alerts database after confirming a few new VHF grids today. I use DxKeeper for logging. When I look at confirmed 2 meter grids, ones that I've worked via the satellites are being included. In DxKeeper, the "Mode" for satellite contacts is "SAT" and these should not be included in the 2 meter count. There actually should be a separate "Wanted Grid" page for satellite contacts.
--
John P.
WA2FZW

"SAT" is not a QSO Mode, it is, based on the ADIF specs, a "Propagation Mode" or the mechanism by which the QSO was made, similar to "EME", it is not the Mode used for the QSO.

What Mode was used for these Satellite assisted QSOs? That is what will influence was JTAlert does with the Log Scanning and how the QSOs will be treated.

The Mode recorded, not the SAT_MODE, is the important bit.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John P

DxKeeper records the propagation mode as SAT. Other choices would be things like ES, MS, ION, TR, etc. The main mode indicates the transmission type; MSK155, FT8, SSB, etc.

The satellite QSOs have SSB in the main mode and SAT in the propagation mode.
--
John P.
WA2FZW