locked 2.50 Like It

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 10:55 pm, Tim N3XX wrote:
Will there be any way to resize the JTAlert window?  It doesn't require as much horizontal space now that decoded callsigns are no longer displayed in that window.  I would like to make it smaller left to right, so that it will take up less space.

Thanks --- 73,
Tim - N3XX

Short answer is No.

Long answer...
That window is currently fixed in size due to the Log fields and Confirmed Bands/Modes displays that are still present. Once they are removed from the old JTAlert window, that window looses the reason for its own existence. The window will be resized leaving just the current menus, or what is left of them as more of those get migrated to the new feature windows. Eventually, JTAlert will become a single-instance windowless controlling application with just an icon in the Windows notification area or a small floating toolbar, I haven't decided which or if I will make that a user-choice option, probably the latter.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tim N3XX

Thanks Laurie. I like to keep the JTAlert window on screen, but it was just getting in the way with it being so long. Any change would be low priority, and I'm just keeping it minimized now, opening it when needed. I can certainly wait for the complete elimination of that window.

Thanks for all you do for all of us!

73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2021-04-14 3:55 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
[...]

WB8ASI Herb

Sweet........JTA was great to start with and now getting better all the time.   Can't imagine operating WSJTX without it.  Thanks for all your dedication. 73, Herb WB8ASI

Roert Baker <rcbaker@...>

On 13/04/2021 11:32 am, James F. Boehner, MD via groups.io wrote:

My last computer on Windows 7 is my FT8 computer.  Fortunately, the 64-bit 5.0.5 framework loaded without a hitch.  I do not have the paid updates (I didn’t know they existed).  My Windows version is 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ

Good to hear. I suspect however, that eventually, the .NET 5 runtime will have issues with Win7 SP1 per the Microsoft announcement. Likely the intention is that Win7 will not be supported without the ESU, but the underlying code has not reached that point or they simply forgot to enable a switch. Only time will tell.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Terry Scaia

Laurie, Once again you've done an amazing job! I'm running WIN-10 on an old and underpowered PC, but the speed and look of 2.50 is wonderful. You have hit another home run!

73 de Terry N4IYB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/04/2021 1:00 pm, Terry Scaia wrote:
Once again you've done an amazing job! I'm running WIN-10 on an old and underpowered PC, but the speed and look of 2.50 is wonderful. You have hit another home run!

73 de Terry N4IYB

You will likely see further speed improvements when the old JTAlert window is finally banished. Currently all the alerting code (this is high cpu usage) and logging code still lives within the bowels of the old JTAlert, old synchronous code (no multi-threading) that has to process the decodes and send the results to the new Callsigns window, via the Manager process, as udp data. When the old code  is gone, all processing will happen within modern multi-threaded asynchronous code, which is much faster.

Also all the newly introduced 2.50.0 windows run much of their UI drawing routines within the GPU of the video card, taking stress off the CPU and utilizing much faster dedicated video drawing code of DirectX.

de Laurie VK3AMA