2.50.8 Defender

Michael Black

Defender still flags it as a problem here -- I expect it to be fixed with the update that will come later today.
Inline image

Mike W9MD

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/11/2021 7:30 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Defender still flags it as a problem here -- I expect it to be fixed with the update that will come later today.

Or you could force an update of the definitions file.

From MS...
To clear cached detections and obtain the latest malware definitions.
1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/manage-updates-baselines-microsoft-defender-antivirus

de Laurie VK3AMA

A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU)

Have submitted a false positive report to Malwarebytes

A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU)

After a bit of back and forth with Malwarebytes, all issues have now been resolved.