locked 2.50.6 upgrade problems

Colin, G8NBO

Hi,
I've been using WSJT-X 2.3.0 with JTAlert 2.16 for some time with no problems.
Today I updated JTalert to 2.50.6 and installed. Net 5 from the hamapps page.
When I run JTalert the main window opens, I can open the decode widow.
There is no connection to WSJT, the Callsign window does not open and the About screen does not open.
Also I don't get any sound when I try the sound test.
Any thoughts on what has gone wrong?
Colin, G8NBO

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/09/2021 11:39 pm, Colin Phillips wrote:
I've been using WSJT-X 2.3.0 with JTAlert 2.16 for some time with no problems.
Today I updated JTalert to 2.50.6 and installed. Net 5 from the hamapps page.
When I run JTalert the main window opens, I can open the decode widow.
There is no connection to WSJT, the Callsign window does not open and the About screen does not open.
Also I don't get any sound when I try the sound test.
Any thoughts on what has gone wrong?
Colin, G8NBO

The inability to test sounds, open the About window or the Callsigns window, which are all controlled by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process, indicates that the manager process is not running or is repeatedly stopping and starting. This typically occurs due to an incorrect NET 5 installation, either a architecture (bit) type not matching the JTAlert architecture type or installing the non "Desktop Runtime" version.

See this pinned message https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794

de Laurie VK3AMA

Colin, G8NBO

Thanks Laurie,

All working good now.
I uninstalled .NET 5, downloaded a new copy and installed it.
I think I must have originally installed the wrong version.

73 Colin G8NBO.

kamelden

HI
I have had problems with the Decode window in the past.

I have the proper .NET framework and JT-Alert 2.50.6 running,
Laurie has included a handy test program to check your .NET setup.
Both of these are x64 versions.

I found that I have to go to the Decode Window's "settings" > "startup options" >
"delete all records".
I run 10m decode for 24 hours at a time and this data
must have filled some maximum record count (2000 ?).
When these are deleted on startup, it works nicely.

Decode window with custom layouts is yet another great addition to JT-Alert.
thanks Laurie.

73 Kurt   K1SEA