2.50.6 Callsigns Window #1

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I make a number of changes to the Callsigns Window #1 using the gear icon on the lower right hand of the window. I also shut down JTAlert each evening and start it up again the next morning. I find that approximately half of the time JTAlert starts with the Callsigns window reverting to its original defaults rather than to my preferred settings. I need to resize it and change to my preferred settings again which takes less than a minute but is a bit annoying. Approximately half of the time, my settings are remembered just fine.

Am I doing something wrong when I shut down JTAlert in the evening or when I launch it again in the morning?

Thanks,

Ed, K0KC

Dave Garber

I shut down, when not using ft8 or ft4, and when I restart, everything goes right where I left it

smartsdr, jtalert,wsjtx,log4om, and there sub windows

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 9:22 AM Ed Wilson via groups.io <ed.wilson=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Laurie,

I make a number of changes to the Callsigns Window #1 using the gear icon on the lower right hand of the window. I also shut down JTAlert each evening and start it up again the next morning. I find that approximately half of the time JTAlert starts with the Callsigns window reverting to its original defaults rather than to my preferred settings. I need to resize it and change to my preferred settings again which takes less than a minute but is a bit annoying. Approximately half of the time, my settings are remembered just fine.

Am I doing something wrong when I shut down JTAlert in the evening or when I launch it again in the morning?

Thanks,

Ed, K0KC

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 15/09/2021 11:22 pm, Ed Wilson via groups.io wrote:
I make a number of changes to the Callsigns Window #1 using the gear icon on the lower right hand of the window. I also shut down JTAlert each evening and start it up again the next morning. I find that approximately half of the time JTAlert starts with the Callsigns window reverting to its original defaults rather than to my preferred settings. I need to resize it and change to my preferred settings again which takes less than a minute but is a bit annoying. Approximately half of the time, my settings are remembered just fine.

Am I doing something wrong when I shut down JTAlert in the evening or when I launch it again in the morning?

Thanks,

Ed, K0KC

Ed, there is no special requirement for closing JTAlert or the Callsigns window. My preferred method is to simply close JTAlert and let it manage closing the other windows automatically.

When you say reverts to default does that also include the desktop position of the window?

There have been a very small number of reports of the Callsigns window being resized quite small to approx 1 inch square with its size and position locked. Is that the affect your seeing?

The Callsigns window will default to the 3-panel display, "All Decodes". "Callers" and "Alerts Only", views when the config file for the window is not found when first opening the window or if JTAlert is being prevented from reading the config file. This is a default window when opening without a config file.

The config file for the Callsigns window, for you, is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\K0KC\Config\ and is named Callsigns_1.config

Is there a possibility the file is being deleted as part of some file maintenance activity on your PC?
You may have to add an exclusion of the above directory to your PC Protection software.

de Laurie VK3AMA

DAVID BERNHEISEL

Is it possible that this could be caused by accidentally starting 2 instances of JTALERT?

If the first instance makes the config file busy, then the second instance would not have access to it.

Closing the 'wrong' instance of JTALERT might then make the 'preferred' instance a copy of the default config file.

Dave N2DPF

On 9/15/2021 2:29 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

[...]

���

The config file for the Callsigns window, for you, is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\K0KC\Config\ and is named Callsigns_1.config

Is there a possibility the file is being deleted as part of some file maintenance activity on your PC?
You may have to add an exclusion of the above directory to your PC Protection software.

Dave, N2DPF

Ed Wilson

Thanks, Laurie...I will try the exclusion idea. Other members of the group have offered additional suggestions which I will try...thanks, guys!

Ed, K0KC