locked 2.50.0 with WSJT-X 2.3.1 crashes


John, DK9JC / AK9JC
 

After some hours JTAlert 2.50.0 freezes.

WSJT-X 2.3.1 with Log4OM.
WSJT-X decode is fine, but nothing showing on JTAlert Callsign window and after a QSO, it's logged the WSJT-X adif, but QSO does not move into the Log4OM Log.

After a restart of JTAlert it works for some time until it crashed agn.

Win 10 Pro latest build and latest net installed.


Ray, W4BYG <w4byg@...>
 

Are you configured for a "multicast" address from WSJT-X to your clients?
Ray, W4BYG

On 4/13/2021 14:56, John, DK9JC / AK9JC wrote:

After some hours JTAlert 2.50.0 freezes.

WSJT-X 2.3.1 with Log4OM.
WSJT-X decode is fine, but nothing showing on JTAlert Callsign window and after a QSO, it's logged the WSJT-X adif, but QSO does not move into the Log4OM Log.

After a restart of JTAlert it works for some time until it crashed agn.

Win 10 Pro latest build and latest net installed.


-- 
They say a smart person learns from their mistakes.  A
wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

Virus-free. www.avg.com


John, DK9JC / AK9JC
 

Are you configured for a "multicast" address from WSJT-X to your clients?

Hello Ray,

here are the settings in WSJT-X:



Log4OM Settings in JTAlert 2.50.0:


John, DK9JC / AK9JC
 

I can not find any other topics on this issue so far.

Is there anything I can do or can I provide any other data/info?


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 7:11 am, John, DK9JC / AK9JC wrote:
Is there anything I can do or can I provide any other data/info?

Try setting up WSJT-X to use multicast UDP.

See the Help File (not the 2.50.0 features help file), "WSJT-X UDP Setup" topic for correct setup.

de Laurie VK3AMA


John, DK9JC / AK9JC
 

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 10:30 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
See the Help File (not the 2.50.0 features help file), "WSJT-X UDP Setup" topic for correct setup.

Roger. Tu for looking.


John, DK9JC / AK9JC
 

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 10:30 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
Try setting up WSJT-X to use multicast UDP.
Hi Laurie,

still freezing with multicast UDP after some time and after re-start it works agn until it freezes.

73 de John, DK9JC