locked 2.50.0 (64 bit) appears to stop WSJT-X Auto Seq

Stewart Wilkinson

I have noticed (twice) whilst JTALeryt 2.50.0 was ruuning and I was calling CQ on 6m FT8 (with Auto-Sqe and Call 1st enabeld) that WSJT-X 2.3.1 failed to answer someone that answered my CQ call in fact it stopped calling - 'Enable Tx' in WSJT-X became disabled. I stopped JTAlert then allowed WSJT-X to call CQ again and WSJT-X worked normally.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/04/2021 10:20 pm, Stewart Wilkinson via groups.io wrote:
I have noticed (twice) whilst JTALeryt 2.50.0 was ruuning and I was calling CQ on 6m FT8 (with Auto-Sqe and Call 1st enabeld) that WSJT-X 2.3.1 failed to answer someone that answered my CQ call in fact it stopped calling - 'Enable Tx' in WSJT-X became disabled. I stopped JTAlert then allowed WSJT-X to call CQ again and WSJT-X worked normally.

JTAlert can not affect the "Enable Tx" setting in WSJT-X. There is no facility to perform that action in the WSJT-X UDP interface which JTAlert uses exclusively to interact with WSJT-X.

If "Enable Tx" is becoming unchecked, it is likely to how you're using WSJT-X. You're best to ask the WSJT-X people why "Enable Tx" is becoming unchecked.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim N6VH

On 4/24/2021 11:57 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 24/04/2021 10:20 pm, Stewart Wilkinson via groups.io wrote:
I have noticed (twice) whilst JTALeryt 2.50.0 was ruuning and I was calling CQ on 6m FT8 (with Auto-Sqe and Call 1st enabeld) that WSJT-X 2.3.1 failed to answer someone that answered my CQ call in fact it stopped calling - 'Enable Tx' in WSJT-X became disabled. I stopped JTAlert then allowed WSJT-X to call CQ again and WSJT-X worked normally.

JTAlert can not affect the "Enable Tx" setting in WSJT-X. There is no facility to perform that action in the WSJT-X UDP interface which JTAlert uses exclusively to interact with WSJT-X.

If "Enable Tx" is becoming unchecked, it is likely to how you're using WSJT-X. You're best to ask the WSJT-X people why "Enable Tx" is becoming unchecked.

de Laurie VK3AMA

_._,_._,_

Just a thought here. It is possible that the TX watchdog timer in WSJT-X had expired just at the time that the other station answered the CQ. Just one possibility.

73,

Jim N6VH

Stewart Wilkinson

I don't think the TX Watchdog had run out.

I will have to check a bit more closely if it happens again.

Pete Ritter K5CPR

I have noticed that unless I am careful when I drag my finger across my notebook computer's touch pad to position the pointer, occassionly "Enable Tx", "Hold Tx Freq", etc change state.  I'm sure it's because I inadvertently put too much pressure on the pad at just the right (wrong) place.  I wonder if this might be the cause of the mysterious behavior you report. There is a touchpad sensitivity setting in Settings->Touchpad.

Stewart Wilkinson

Pete,
I use a desktop PC with a USB Mouse, so it is not that.

I was almost convinced that 2.50.0 was causing it and went back to 2.16.17 but I will try 2.50.0 again.