Topics

locked CQ Marathon and B4

John Holmes W9ILY

I was looking for SU9JG and Z61DX for new Marathon counters for 2019. Both indicated B4 in JTAlert and were not highlighted as New Marathon. I have not worked either in 2019 and in the "wanted" countries in the CQ Marathon, both show as not being worked. Something is wrong.
John W9ILY

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/01/2019 3:16 am, John Holmes W9ILY wrote:
I was looking for SU9JG and Z61DX for new Marathon counters for 2019. Both indicated B4 in JTAlert and were not highlighted as New Marathon. I have not worked either in 2019 and in the "wanted" countries in the CQ Marathon, both show as not being worked. Something is wrong.
John W9ILY
John,

If those calls are in your log from previous years, then the default is to flag them as B4's. Once a Station is flagged as a B4, then there is no alerting for that Station.

If your chasing the Marathon for 2019, then you need to restrict the B4 testing to ignore log entries before 2019.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Holmes W9ILY

Thanks, Laurie. I had missed that one setting.
John W9ILY

Chad Kurszewski

I thought the more appropriate place for Marathon B4's was here:

This way it will still alert new(2019) Marathons that were worked before, but not everything before 1/1/2019.