locked JTAlertX 2.12.10

Tim Davis KJ4DHF

Not sending decoded call signs to hamspots.net.
1) send spots to hamspots.net  is ticked
2) under web services  says tcp connect ok for port 49521

Any ideas ?

Tim
KJ4DHF

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/01/2019 10:28 pm, kj4dhf via Groups.Io wrote:
Not sending decoded call signs to hamspots.net.
1) send spots to hamspots.net  is ticked
2) under web services  says tcp connect ok for port 49521

Any ideas ?

Tim
KJ4DHF
Are you sure you have spotting to HamSpots enabled?
I checked the database on HamSpots and all spots from
KJ4DHF are from PSKReporter, none from JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tim Davis KJ4DHF

Hi Laurie,

Yes I am sure it is ticked. I even went on FT-8 page to make sure I was not on blocked calls list in case I had sent spots wrong. And I used WSJTX to send spots to psk reporter so I could see where I was being heard.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/01/2019 10:34 am, kj4dhf via Groups.Io wrote:

Yes I am sure it is ticked. I even went on FT-8 page to make sure I was not on blocked calls list in case I had sent spots wrong. And I used WSJTX to send spots to psk reporter so I could see where I was being heard

Since you have the spotting enabled, the likely cause of no spots is that the "JTAlertHamSpots.Plugin" is not running or it is being interfered with by your Virus/Malware protection. Check taskmanager to see if "JTAlertHamSpots.Plugin" is present. If it isn't check your Virus protection to see if it is blocking the starting of the process.

I might see something in your JTAlert files, use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tim Davis KJ4DHF

Laurie,

It working this morning just fine. I did check for JTAlertHamSpots.Plugin in my task manager it was there and yesterday it made no difference if firewall was on/off as I did check that before posting. The gremlin gone for now
thanks for help.

KJ4DHF
Tim

4X1UF Izzy Lavee

Hi guys
How do i undock jtalert from jtdx? I accidentally did it and can't edit my settings there

Sent by my Samsung Galaxy Note 9

On 25/01/2019 6:10 am, 4X1UF Izzy Lavee wrote:
How do i undock jtalert from jtdx? I accidentally did it and can't edit my settings there
Via the View menu, top line.

On 24/01/2019 10:56 pm, kj4dhf via Groups.Io wrote:
It working this morning just fine. I did check for JTAlertHamSpots.Plugin in my task manager it was there and yesterday it made no difference if firewall was on/off as I did check that before posting. The gremlin gone for now
thanks for help.

KJ4DHF
Tim
Tim,

Is your Internet unreliable or slow at times?
Likely you were hitting the 15 second Connection timeout when connecting to the HamSpots spotting service.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tim Davis KJ4DHF

Laurie,

Yes my internet is at a snail pace here. It is dial-up. I have never noticed it before but, I was paying attention to everything as I had just setup a new digital station. It seems it has been working all day just fine today.

Thanks
Tim